• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I purchased through the website for the first time on Tuesday but have not received shipping notification yet. Is this normal, or should I contact customer service? Thank you.

thedose

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I purchased through the website for the first time on Tuesday but have not received shipping notification yet. Is this normal, or should I contact customer service? Thank you.

wait a few days, it took me about 3 for shipping. Remember, they are still a small shop

qqch

Reaction score

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick shot of the VBC flannel IRL

A5EF89BD-75FB-46A8-82A6-53BC6543F8DC.jpeg

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just browsing around the Mississauga location today and stumbled upon a pair of dark brown slim fit moleskin trousers, which I was quite happy to find, as it looks sold out online.

$90 all-in for Brisbane Moss moleskin trousers is a pretty great price! There was also a 32 in navy, but could only justify one.

burgerkong

Reaction score
I'm afraid to say they are the poplin is useless after one wash. Here's a quick photo I took this morning comparinh the blue fine twill and the "premium" poplin after going through the same cold perm press wash. Notice the length and sleeves of the poplin are significantly shorter? Twill and oxford show minimal shrinkage.

View attachment 933430

I have an issue with the poplin shirt as well, shrinkage is out of control. Sleeves are now super short and measure from center of bak to cuffs at 34" post wash (washed twice), tagged size is 36". Has always been washed in cold water and hung to dry, my twill and oxfords are fine and have similar sleeve lengths. The body of the poplin is also super short as well, took the following pictures tonight:

WeChat Image_20180303225132.jpg
WeChat Image_20180303225156.jpg
WeChat Image_20180303225217.jpg

qqch

Reaction score
I have an issue with the poplin shirt as well, shrinkage is out of control. Sleeves are now super short and measure from center of bak to cuffs at 34" post wash (washed twice), tagged size is 36". Has always been washed in cold water and hung to dry, my twill and oxfords are fine and have similar sleeve lengths. The body of the poplin is also super short as well, took the following pictures tonight:

View attachment 935440 View attachment 935441 View attachment 935442
Don’t get me wrong, cause I love SM too, but that white poplin shirt is also impossible to iron well. Not ideal for conservative business dress when you’re short on time. I realize the puritans would scoff, but I am looking forward to the easy iron shirts.

burgerkong

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, cause I love SM too, but that white poplin shirt is also impossible to iron well. Not ideal for conservative business dress when you’re short on time. I realize the puritans would scoff, but I am looking forward to the easy iron shirts.

Yeah it took a lot of spraying and pressing. This may be a shirt you'd want to iron damp.

Captain Waffles

Reaction score
Any recommendations for what is the best fabric to get for a standard white dress shirt? I know they offer Thomas Mason, but are there other choices particularly of a medium weight that won't make you sweat bullets yet hefty enough for the winter?

jermyzy

Reaction score
I felt the sizing for the topcoats was a little confusing, as I thought topcoats were usually sized to align with the size of the jacket you'd be wearing underneath. As in, a size 36 topcoat should accommodate a size 36 jacket underneath.

And you size down if you don't plan on wearing a suit/sportcoat with it.

That's what I would have thought too. I only bought the duffel coat from S&M so can't say for sure about their topcoats. My overcoat is from suitsupply. I wear 36 in S&M sportscoat/suits. I bought a 34 Suitsupply overcoat which fits great if I'm not wearing a sportscoat underneath, but is snug if I wear a sportscoat (except the donegal tweed which is thicker and won't fit underneath the coat). So a 36 would be perfect to fit over a suit. However, I find in general suitsupply stuff fits a little looser than S&M

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads