• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife hated the Contemporary fit haha, so she has me ordering my fav colors in the slim fit to compare. On that note, @spiermackay I placed an order for a 33 in the mid grey but need a 32. Any chance the in store inventory has one? If not I will try the 33 and take in the waist if they work. I placed a note on the order but hoping you may be able to confirm for me Rick. I can PM the order number if needed but I just placed it a few min ago.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Burzan did you ever try the slim fit? Looks like there is some room to spare in these contemporaries.

I agree. It looks a little too roomy.

Edit, but it looks like you can just have it altered. The Slim maybe too slim?

I have chicken legs so even the slim fit in dress pants, I have them taken in the legs a little. However on the chino's they fit fine

Last edited:

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contemporary fit looked perfect, Burzan! Looked trim and comfortable, not baggy or too skinny. Perfect silhouette to pair with an SC

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. It looks a little too roomy.

Edit, but it looks like you can just have it altered. The Slim maybe too slim?

I have chicken legs so even the slim fit in dress pants, I have them taken in the legs a little. However on the chino's they fit fine
Contemporary fit looked perfect, Burzan! Looked trim and comfortable, not baggy or too skinny. Perfect silhouette to pair with an SC

She said they look fine from the front but the back looked very shapeless and the seat was not flattering at all on me. I think she's not used to seeing me in a more traditional looking fit. If I wre any sport coats I would agree with you but maybe in this case the style is just too far removed from my current style preference.

Altering could possibly be an option but we'll see what the slims are like.

Here is a pic of J Crew Bowery slims on me, these have about an inch less leg opening (.5" flat), lower rise, and a more trim profile over the Contemporary. This is more along the lines of a typical fit for me.

Gentlemen, the wife has spoken.

LMAO, pretty much.

Last edited:

mdubya

Reaction score
@Burzan - I have the same issue. Anything not-slim is way too baggy in the seat/crotch/back of the thighs, but in the mid-thigh area I could always use some extra room. I too considered the contemp fit but the slim is already loose-ish in the seat/rise area so its a no-go without serious alterations.

I just live with the very slim-look in the thighs even though I always wish I could have an extra inch or so. Contemporary would have too much room elsewhere, just as it does for you.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Burzan - I have the same issue. Anything not-slim is way too baggy in the seat/crotch/back of the thighs, but in the mid-thigh area I could always use some extra room. I too considered the contemp fit but the slim is already loose-ish in the seat/rise area so its a no-go without serious alterations.

I just live with the very slim-look in the thighs even though I always wish I could have an extra inch or so. Contemporary would have too much room elsewhere, just as it does for you.

Sounds just like me indeed, I am optimistic in the slim fit now because I would really love to keep these flannels, they are just too awesome.

PS to everyone, looks like the new jackets are up online if anyone is itching to jump on them.

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Check shirt from SM I wore yesterday. Wasn't sure I would, but I love this shirt.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received the following e-mail from Spier & Mackay:

“Pre-Order our New Fall Suits.
Produced with our new Partner Factory Associated with the Legendary Zegna.
The wait is almost over. Our new Seasonal Fall suits are on the way. Order yours today and save. Excellent weights and textures to truly make your cool weather look razor sharp. 6 new suits and 6 new sportcoats to help ward off the cold in style.
This delivery marks our first group of suits produced under the watchful eye of the Masterful Italian Suitmaker Zegna. Our excellent quality suiting just got better.”

However, clicking on any of the links in the e-mail simply takes one to S & M’s usual suit page. What is the correct link to the 6 suits and 6 sport coats pre-order?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ac

winghus

Reaction score
I just received the following e-mail from Spier & Mackay:

“Pre-Order our New Fall Suits.
Produced with our new Partner Factory Associated with the Legendary Zegna.
The wait is almost over. Our new Seasonal Fall suits are on the way. Order yours today and save. Excellent weights and textures to truly make your cool weather look razor sharp. 6 new suits and 6 new sportcoats to help ward off the cold in style.
This delivery marks our first group of suits produced under the watchful eye of the Masterful Italian Suitmaker Zegna. Our excellent quality suiting just got better.”

However, clicking on any of the links in the e-mail simply takes one to S & M’s usual suit page. What is the correct link to the 6 suits and 6 sport coats pre-order?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ac

The new suits are on the regular page. They should be sorted by default to newest first and those top ones are the new ones from the new factory, same with the sportcoats.

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
What is the correct link to the 6 suits and 6 sport coats pre-order?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ac

The new suits are on the regular page. They should be sorted by default to newest first and those top ones are the new ones from the new factory, same with the sportcoats.

Thanks.

So the only thing identifying the new ones available for pre-order is that they're listed first? Bizarre.

Cheers,

Ac

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is true, by the way, then apparently they're only available in slim fit.

Cheers,

Ac

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads