• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vespertiliovir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full Canvas suits are on the back burner now. Too much to deal with at the moment and to monitor that production would be difficult. But, because of that were able to expand the trouser and sportcoat lines for Fall.

Any details you can share at this point?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any of this fabric left, and is it too heavy for spring/summer wear? Also, are you able to do higher-waisted trousers (in the vein of the Eidos Sal model)?

Yes, I have cloth left in this. Yes we can do trousers in any style you like.

Hey Rick are you in the store at all today?

I'm here until closing at 7 pm.

Mojomojo

Reaction score
Rick, how often are you downtown / do you have set days you come to the Toronto location? I work downtown so it's more convenient, but my measurements/files are in Mississauga. I got my MTM shirt and want to make a few changes to the arms.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick, how often are you downtown / do you have set days you come to the Toronto location? I work downtown so it's more convenient, but my measurements/files are in Mississauga. I got my MTM shirt and want to make a few changes to the arms.

I'm not here often, and I'll be here less and less. Just here now as the shop is new and we're still trying to figure a lot of stuff out.

That said, the staff here are all well trained and can handle customer needs as well as I can personally.

02///M3

Reaction score
Rick, is it safe to assume that the heavier a custom shirting fabric is, the less likely it will be to wrinkle easily? Or is there no correlation there?

Also, can you (or anyone else on the forum) recommend a white workhorse fabric from your custom offerings? I'm mainly looking for something that doesn't wrinkle too much and that will still look decent towards the end of a long day of wear.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG I see a few pages for the madras popped up, no pics showing yet but can't wait to see the made up versions of those fabrics.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to pop in today and maybe pick up some shirts. Pretty excited about handling the products in person.

SouthOfBloor

Reaction score
Rick, is it safe to assume that the heavier a custom shirting fabric is, the less likely it will be to wrinkle easily? Or is there no correlation there?

Also, can you (or anyone else on the forum) recommend a white workhorse fabric from your custom offerings? I'm mainly looking for something that doesn't wrinkle too much and that will still look decent towards the end of a long day of wear.

I can't say for myself as I haven't had shirts made up of any of the below mentioned fabrics but back on Page 226 Rick said this in reply to someone else:

White poplin is always, always going to wrinkle if it's untreated. Finer counts more so. Our premium poplin wrinkles a bit less and looks pretty good throughout the day, but still will wrinkle at the elbows and waistline, where the shirt is tucked in.

When ironing, make sure the shirt is damp. This will help and make ironing much, much easier and the shirt will have a nice crispness to it.

Good white alternatives are pin oxford and fine twill. Both are more naturally wrinkle resistant and easier to iron.

Spex

Reaction score
I bought custom pinpoint oxford shirts in blue and pink and they are easy to iron and don't wrinkle that badly. I would assume a white pinpoint would act the same.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My quick review of the store.

1. I was disappointed they don't have actual spears in store.

2. The layout is great and functional.

3. I bought two polo shirts and they are an excellent value. Trim, athletic fit. Don't sleep on this deal.

4. The suits were well cut. Classic lapels and good silhouette.

5. Staff very friendly.

6. Ties decent quality (was pleasently surprised). Recommend they carry grenadines at some point.

7. The OTR shirts were nice. Sturdy collars and excellent fabric choices.

8. Only real downside was that they were running low on Thomas mason shirting for their custom program. Rick, are you guys going to be restocking those fabrics?

If you're in the area, you should definitely visit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads