• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did'nt know Chipp could make custom orders. I like his ties, but not the width. I'd rather have 3.5". Plus the fact that all the ones I like are already sold out.

SouthOfBloor

Reaction score
Looking for some advice from those here who have bought an OCBD, what size did you find fits best relative to your regular OTR dress shirt size. I've ordered the 15 slim fit dress shirts and those fit relatively well. If I'm looking at picking up an OCBD and/or Madras and planning to wear casual/untucked how much should I size up from my regular dress shirt size, I was thinking of sizing up from 15 slim to either 15.5 slim, 16 slim, or 15.5 contemporary for the OCBD. What have you guys found works best?

Also this is my first post on the forum but I've been following this thread for a while and just want to give a shout-out to the guys at S&M, I'm loving all your products so far and can't wait to see the new releases this spring/summer. So far I've ordered an OTR 38 slim fit suit and love the fit, I plan on ordering another one in the next week (and I would order more if I could afford it at the moment), this is the best quality for value and best fitting OTR suit I've ever found, the slim fit pants are great compared to every other make I've tried where the slim fit pants come with too low a rise. Living in Toronto I've had a tough time finding good value dress clothes and you guys are doing a great job filling that need, like everyone else here I can't wait for the downtown store to open so I can try some MTM stuff out (I don't trust myself to measure). Sorry for going on a rant here but just wanted to get all that out there lol

Cheers

aiur55

Reaction score
I just go with the normal size I order for everything else OTR from spier and mackay. I believe the OCBD is slightly shorter to compensate for being worn untucked.

winghus

Reaction score
Did'nt know Chipp could make custom orders. I like his ties, but not the width. I'd rather have 3.5". Plus the fact that all the ones I like are already sold out.

Paul will do it for orders of 6 ties or more. AAAC had a couple of GMTOs last year for grenadines and madders.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's hoping you drop the linen OTR stuff before I leave for a month's vacation in SE Asia next Sunday and have only intermittent internet access!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the great feedback on ties!

I don't think we can do an authentic ancient madder, but we certainly can mimic the look/feel, in other words "madderesque". Foulards are possible.

The solid twill and muted block stripes are easy enough.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking for some advice from those here who have bought an OCBD, what size did you find fits best relative to your regular OTR dress shirt size. I've ordered the 15 slim fit dress shirts and those fit relatively well. If I'm looking at picking up an OCBD and/or Madras and planning to wear casual/untucked how much should I size up from my regular dress shirt size, I was thinking of sizing up from 15 slim to either 15.5 slim, 16 slim, or 15.5 contemporary for the OCBD. What have you guys found works best?

Also this is my first post on the forum but I've been following this thread for a while and just want to give a shout-out to the guys at S&M, I'm loving all your products so far and can't wait to see the new releases this spring/summer. So far I've ordered an OTR 38 slim fit suit and love the fit, I plan on ordering another one in the next week (and I would order more if I could afford it at the moment), this is the best quality for value and best fitting OTR suit I've ever found, the slim fit pants are great compared to every other make I've tried where the slim fit pants come with too low a rise. Living in Toronto I've had a tough time finding good value dress clothes and you guys are doing a great job filling that need, like everyone else here I can't wait for the downtown store to open so I can try some MTM stuff out (I don't trust myself to measure). Sorry for going on a rant here but just wanted to get all that out there lol

Cheers

Stay with your normal size.

The OCBD's front length is cut a tad shorter to work a bit better untucked as well.

flvinny521

Reaction score
I'm browsing the custom fabric offerings in anticipation of my first MTM order. @spiermackay , do you normally have most/all of your RTW bengal stripes available as MTM as well? The only blue I see now is a very bright one that I wouldn't order for a business shirt. I'd also be interested in a light brown, grey, or possibly pink.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm browsing the custom fabric offerings in anticipation of my first MTM order. @spiermackay , do you normally have most/all of your RTW bengal stripes available as MTM as well? The only blue I see now is a very bright one that I wouldn't order for a business shirt. I'd also be interested in a light brown, grey, or possibly pink.

Whatever is currently available for custom is all we have. I just checked, we have about 3 pages of stripes. Bengals mostly in blues. Let me talk to my suppliers to see what other stripes are available.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Whatever is currently available for custom is all we have. I just checked, we have about 3 pages of stripes. Bengals mostly in blues. Let me talk to my suppliers to see what other stripes are available.

I do see lots of stripes, but for Bengal in particular, there's only these four, two purples, a green, and a blue (at least these are the only ones returned by searching "bengal"):

Something like this, that's available RTW, would be great:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

kbuzz

Reaction score
Just wonder if s there an affilate forum discount for SF members on full price items such as suits? I did a search but didnt come with anything...thanks

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just wonder if s there an affilate forum discount for SF members on full price items such as suits? I did a search but didnt come with anything...thanks

Not at the moment sorry.

Hey Rick,

Are polos almost ready to roll out? The forecast calls for a record breaking 27C here in Calgary today so I am fully ready to transition to Sping/Summer gear.

Shipping out of the factory on Sunday. Should be in about a week after.

27C in Calgary!!? We have snow piles outside our door still from last week!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads