• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gsasso

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the model 2 Solid Navy Blazer? I'd like to see how it looks in the wild.

Thanks.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have a picture of the model 2 Solid Navy Blazer? I'd like to see how it looks in the wild.

Thanks.

I just got mine back from the tailor. It hasn't been pressed yet, but I can snap a pic tomorrow.

Edit: oops, i have the suit not the blazer.

Last edited:

Coronaeus

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my recent customer service experience with Spier and Mackay.

Yesterday I wrote in this thread asking about the turn around time on MTM shirts as I had been waiting for some time on 4 I had ordered ( I incorrectly noted it had been nine weeks since the order when in fact it had been seven). I received a response almost immediately. After a few private messages, I received the information I was looking for regarding my order mere hours after my first post. All of this took place well after normal business hours Toronto time.

I was informed that my shirts have just been received in Mississauga, but that one of them was made up in an incorrect fabric. I was told I would be given that shirt free of charge and that the one I had ordered would be made up and sent along very quickly. All of this in less than 24 hours with much of the correspondence taking place well after business hours.

This prompt attention to my questions and generous offer of the free shirt are much appreciated.

skev13

Reaction score
Yes actually. A new promotion just started today, runs through Dec. 16th.

20% Off All Suits: SUITMEUP includes already discounted suiting. So amazing deals to be had.

Suit I purchased on black friday weekend (and is still with the tailor @ S&M) is now $80 cheaper :'(

skev13

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my recent customer service experience with Spier and Mackay.

Yesterday I wrote in this thread asking about the turn around time on MTM shirts as I had been waiting for some time on 4 I had ordered ( I incorrectly noted it had been nine weeks since the order when in fact it had been seven). I received a response almost immediately. After a few private messages, I received the information I was looking for regarding my order mere hours after my first post. All of this took place well after normal business hours Toronto time.

I was informed that my shirts have just been received in Mississauga, but that one of them was made up in an incorrect fabric. I was told I would be given that shirt free of charge and that the one I had ordered would be made up and sent along very quickly. All of this in less than 24 hours with much of the correspondence taking place well after business hours.

This prompt attention to my questions and generous offer of the free shirt are much appreciated.

+1

The customer service from Rick and his team is why I keep going back. The genuine honesty behind his replies that I see on this forum is very reassuring as well.

Spex

Reaction score
Forgot you don't do my size yet in suits. Damnit

Quote:
I think they do. It's called custom.
rimshot.gif

But seriously, S&M is quite reasonable, no?

cloud82

Reaction score
+1

The customer service from Rick and his team is why I keep going back. The genuine honesty behind his replies that I see on this forum is very reassuring as well.

+1

Not everything I've purchased has been perfect initially but the way Rick resolved the problems has been outstanding. (and I keep going back as well
smile.gif
)

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ok Gentlemen, here is a direct comparison of our current OCBD collar, which is completely unlined vs. Kamakura which has a fused collar.

First is ours: You can see the softness of the collar, which causes it to have a bit of rumpling, creases and unevenness when worn with a tie. This is pretty much exactly how it should behave as a traditional, unlined OCBD.

Here is the Kamakura shirt. You can see the fusing gives a "crispness" and evenness to the collar.

What we are thinking is now, to run a fused version as the "main" oxford. This works with/without a tie and good for suits/sportcoats, etc. Possibly, develop a slightly heavier fabric for a more casual version, which would be unfused.

Oh, BTW, having both shirts side by side, everyone in our office agrees our new oxford fabric is superior to the Kamakura's.

Thoughts?

doodledoc

Reaction score
Ok Gentlemen, here is a direct comparison of our current OCBD collar, which is completely unlined vs. Kamakura which has a fused collar.

First is ours: You can see the softness of the collar, which causes it to have a bit of rumpling, creases and unevenness when worn with a tie. This is pretty much exactly how it should behave as a traditional, unlined OCBD.

Here is the Kamakura shirt. You can see the fusing gives a "crispness" and evenness to the collar.

What we are thinking is now, to run a fused version as the "main" oxford. This works with/without a tie and good for suits/sportcoats, etc. Possibly, develop a slightly heavier fabric for a more casual version, which would be unfused.

Oh, BTW, having both shirts side by side, everyone in our office agrees our new oxford fabric is superior to the Kamakura's.

Thoughts?

With a tie? the Kamakura looks better. Without a tie? It depends if you want that rumpled look. Being that it is OCBD, personally, S&M version.

I think your idea is good: fused version for main oxford; unfused for heavy fabric oxford.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads