• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLH03

Reaction score
On a quarter lined sportcoat with the high arm holes, anyone know if it's possible to get those adjusted to have a bit more room? Or is that cost prohibitive? 28 slim fits me well but with the high arm holes it's a little too snug all across the top
Probably not the armholes. Maybe need some room across the back?

tmckay2

Reaction score
Probably not the armholes. Maybe need some room across the back?
Seems like it's the arm holes though because getting my arms in it is tighter and then I can feel it pinch a little in the armpit. Doesn't happen with other 38 slims. I mean I'd prefer it be across the back as that can be adjust a little usually.

St1X

Reaction score
Seems like it's the arm holes though because getting my arms in it is tighter and then I can feel it pinch a little in the armpit. Doesn't happen with other 38 slims. I mean I'd prefer it be across the back as that can be adjust a little usually.
A tailor can lower the arm holes a bit and let it out on the back

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy heck they did a professional photo shoot with a real model and everything! View attachment 2127653
I think these shots highlight how poorly the trousers fit. The models look uncomfortable and awkward to me. Many of you on this thread look much better in your S&M trousers after sizing up and hitting the tailor. I imagine some people like their pants to fit this way, but this is big red flag for me. Not encouraging.

JTrent82

Reaction score
The models would look so much better in a contemporary fit of the same size
They put him in contemporary for the trouser photos but sized down :)

1707529768026.png

capablebedroom

Reaction score
I’m think of getting one of the core suits. How does the contemporary fit compare to Brooks Brothers’s Regent and Madison fits or J. Crew’s classic and relaxed fits? Are the garment dimensions accurate? I have large thighs, so I’m worried about the trousers.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think these shots highlight how poorly the trousers fit. The models look uncomfortable and awkward to me. Many of you on this thread look much better in your S&M trousers after sizing up and hitting the tailor. I imagine some people like their pants to fit this way, but this is big red flag for me. Not encouraging.
I think most of us ITT do actually look this bad when we wear S&M trousers.

One thing I've learned on CM is 99% of us post in robo-pose. That's not a good representation of reality.

Take one step mid-stride and take a photo: that's how we're seen the vast majority of the time: in motion.

I did that once with my S&M fits, and I looked like the models in the product photos. That's when I realized I just look like the average suit guy downtown I probably critiqued like 8 years ago in my head.

tmckay2

Reaction score
I'm far from a fashion aficionado but I think you guys are splitting hairs critiquing the model photos. I don't see any unnatural pulling or tightness. How a pant fits standing vs sitting vs running vs walking is always going to some sort of compromise. Ideally you go in between to get it form fitted while also not too tight when seated or moving. 99% of people aren't going to be able to notice SLIGHT pinching when a person walks. I'd argue we have a bigger problem with baggy, frumpy dress wear for men as a society than we do with dress wear being slightly too slim, at least in the circles I operate in.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
I'm far from a fashion aficionado but I think you guys are splitting hairs critiquing the model photos. I don't see any unnatural pulling or tightness. How a pant fits standing vs sitting vs running vs walking is always going to some sort of compromise. Ideally you go in between to get it form fitted while also not too tight when seated or moving. 99% of people aren't going to be able to notice SLIGHT pinching when a person walks. I'd argue we have a bigger problem with baggy, frumpy dress wear for men as a society than we do with dress wear being slightly too slim, at least in the circles I operate in.

For me these photos were useful and I hope they do it for everything going forward, just thinking eventually they may bump up the prices to account for modeling

People have different tastes in fit, which is why I like menswear. For me, knowing how these garments fit based on weight and height help, if I had to buy these I would certainly go up, but that’s just me. Many of friends will buy the exact fit.

tmckay2

Reaction score
For me these photos were useful and I hope they do it for everything going forward, just thinking eventually they may bump up the prices to account for modeling

People have different tastes in fit, which is why I like menswear. For me, knowing how these garments fit based on weight and height help, if I had to buy these I would certainly go up, but that’s just me. Many of friends will buy the exact fit.
I agree that getting sizing info and a height and weight is very helpful. People still have different proportions but it gives a guideline. I hope it doesn't cause an increase in prices but I guess that does sort of make sense if it does.

Ortip

Reaction score
This guy can't sit down without the trouser inseam completely splitting his nads and showing them off to the entire world.

And I'm not even sure there's enough room in the thigh to let him lift his leg further than he is already.

Attachments

• P-8822-NT01-- 3.jpg
    P-8822-NT01-- 3.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 177
  • P-8822-NT01--p11.jpg
    P-8822-NT01--p11.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 183

tmckay2

Reaction score
This guy can't sit down without the trouser inseam completely splitting his nads and showing them off to the entire world.

And I'm not even sure there's enough room in the thigh to let him lift his leg further than he is already.
I was only commenting based on the suit pictures shown above as I assumed that was what people were referencing.

tmckay2

Reaction score
Seems like after a quick look at their site the models generally sized down but went contemporary vs size up and go slim, perfectly fine strategy but measurements wise there isn't a huge difference except in rise. It's a little tricky when the model is basically between sizes at a 31 inch waist, debating between a 30 contemporary and a 32 slim there isn't a ton of difference in most messurements.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carollesteru