• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tmckay2

Reaction score
So what's the deal with garment dyed chinos vs regular? Do they "fade" more or something? It says they get a more vintage look so that's how I interpreted it. I'm looking to use them for more business casual so would prefer they retain a deeper color.

AMorg88

Reaction score
IMG_8476.png

Any suggestions on correcting these wrinkles on my upper back? Hoping to do a MTO soon and wonder if there is anything I should consider on the front end, or take to the tailor afterwards.

This is a 46l neo cut, not sure if it’s caused by too tight across the back, or large traps maybe? If so maybe size up? I do typically have a collar roll on my jackets, which I have had fixed with limited success historically.

CLH03

Reaction score
View attachment 2122207
Any suggestions on correcting these wrinkles on my upper back? Hoping to do a MTO soon and wonder if there is anything I should consider on the front end, or take to the tailor afterwards.

This is a 46l neo cut, not sure if it’s caused by too tight across the back, or large traps maybe? If so maybe size up? I do typically have a collar roll on my jackets, which I have had fixed with limited success historically.
Size up or max out the shoulder on MTO. That is REALLY tight…

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's the deal with garment dyed chinos vs regular? Do they "fade" more or something? It says they get a more vintage look so that's how I interpreted it. I'm looking to use them for more business casual so would prefer they retain a deeper color.
My read on that type of chino is that they're more casual, i.e., maybe only appropriate for the office on casual Fridays.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any IRL pics of those marled chunky cardigans? 2024 and we still don't get pictures of the products on real people.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
View attachment 2122207

I had an MTO Jacket from another brand, same problem. My tailor fixed it, it was something to done with the collar, can’t remember but maybe had to raise it a bit. Was a cheap alteration like 50 bucks. If it’s tight when you button from the front consider sizing up

Kalvoski

Reaction score
Bumping this ask from back in November to see if anyone has purchased either the Ochre corduroy jacket or pants and can share their thoughts on how it translates in person (or even better, a pic!).
8204--.jpg

Also, anybody know if $800 is the limit for orders to the US before getting charged a duty? Believe that's what it is from Europe.
I second the interest in knowing the actual color of this SM ochre jacket. I was tempted to purchase one (back in Dec.), but shared your uncertainty or skepticism. If anyone can speak to the real-world appearance of the jacket's color, we would be grateful.

mattg1027

Reaction score
I second the interest in knowing the actual color of this SM ochre jacket. I was tempted to purchase one (back in Dec.), but shared your uncertainty or skepticism. If anyone can speak to the real-world appearance of the jacket's color, we would be grateful.
I think when it comes down to it, it's probably a more bold/saturated color than I would find practical. Cool in pictures (and props for the styling with the denim shirt), but tough to pull off, especially as a full suit. I think I'm after a more classic, muted "tan" corduroy color, perhaps not far off from the "caramel" Pontaglio, but sadly that only appears to be available in pants. Ah well.

How about the Di Fabio Wool/Cashmere pants, anyone have any thoughts to share on those fabrics? I like just about every color they have up. They nailed it when it comes to "practical" colors for those.

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
I received the Moon mixed brown field coat today from the current sale. Love it. The weight is substantial, and relatively soft, compared to other moon fabrics I have. I wanted something in this fabric but didn’t like the idea of it in the Ulster given the orange fall undertones, so I think this is perfect. I recommend sizing up because of the fabric weight if you’re in between sizes.

Attachments

• IMG_5990.jpeg
    IMG_5990.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_6005.jpeg
    IMG_6005.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 160

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2122207

not a tailor but I think the problem is that you have relatively prominent shoulder blades, and the upper lines reflect tension in the cloth between the blades. The fix is to provide more cloth in the pattern to accommodate your shoulder blades, but it may not be possible in S&M's MTO program to specify this. I don't think that raising or lowering the collar will fix this.

AlanRails

Reaction score
420502418_947665390048220_5451431203416623482_n.jpg

422305079_326099877089494_8140562664760289175_n.jpg

I recently got a few coats to try and these two were my favorite. However, the way the sleeves on the overcoat wrinkles and the pleat on the peacoat being open bothers me a bit.

I did try on a slightly bigger peacoat where the pleat laid closed, but everywhere else was much too large. If I were to take it in, I assume I'd face the same issue with the pleat?

For the overcoat, I'm not quite sure why the sleeves are like that when I wear it as it looks fine on the hanger. Is it my posture?

With these issues, do you think maybe these coats are just not meant for me?

classicoutfits

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads