• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SZNettles

Reaction score
Anyone ever pair a navy flannel jacket with grey flannel pants? Trying to decide if it would be weird with two different colored flannels. Thank you for any thoughts.

CLH03

Reaction score
Anyone ever pair a navy flannel jacket with grey flannel pants? Trying to decide if it would be weird with two different colored flannels. Thank you for any thoughts.
You do it with other color flannel jackets. Idk why blue would be any different.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
I have no problem wearing that, I would though use different fabrics texture (woolen, worsted flannel) or different weight, mills just to convey creativity. I would imagine you are referring to solid colors.

oucheebooboo

Reaction score
I have and do so often and have never felt “weird” or non conformative. If you need the self-deprecation or disparagement, flagellate with more contrasty bolts of worsted, tweed, corduroy, and the occasional Calvary twill to taste…ideally, publicly for full effect.

St1X

Reaction score
Anyone with Ulster or polo coat from Spier, can you please check what kind of canvassing they use?

stubbsj20

Reaction score
I've got a $77.06 store balance at S&M. I will sell it as a S&M gift card for $57 if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 9.58.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 9.58.23 AM.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 225

capablebedroom

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this year or last year's double breast cardigans? If so, how was the fit and weight?

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on duffle coat sizing? I've got a single breasted polo in 42 from a few years back and a 44 DB polo from around the same time. 42 is snug over a sportcoat, wondering if the duffle is cut similarly or with more room?

RSBSpoutingWhale

Reaction score
I've got a question about sizing for the Stone Twill Mac Jacket. For sport jackets, I'm a 42S, which I then take to the tailor to have the sleeves shortened just slightly. Does anyone know what the appropriate size for the Mac Jacket would be? I've read about inconsistent sizing across different product categories, so I'm reluctant to just trust the measurements listed on the website.

Link for reference: https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/stone-twill---mac-jacket--003333-mac-jkt-ss23-961

stro

Reaction score
had seen the jokes on here but did not realize until today that they actively refuse to provide fabric weight even upon request. customer service rep said they are not permitted to provide the information even if they have it on hand. this is ******* insane.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had seen the jokes on here but did not realize until today that they actively refuse to provide fabric weight even upon request. customer service rep said they are not permitted to provide the information even if they have it on hand. this is ******* insane.
Wait wait, so when you explicitly inquire, you’re getting “tough noogies?”

No flipping way hahaha

stro

Reaction score
yeah. i asked on instagram ~30 days ago, no response. fine, i've only got a modest purchase history. asked today via email and after a vacuous response and a follow up got this:

Screenshot_20231124_143639_Gmail.jpg

i asked if they could forward my request to whoever might have the information to see if they could provide it and they doubled down. "we will not be providing the fabric weight upon your request." the same CS provider also took the chance to call me my dead dad's name for a second time after being corrected. have rolled my eyes at customer service complaints on this thread for many years (and probably still will for everyone else's complaints unrelated to fabric weight if we're keeping it 100!) but uh, certainly not in my top five favorite interactions with a company.

i have a working guess of the likely answer based on research into the maker's fabric books available online which i did before asking a month ago but there are a couple different possibilities. and if i'm doing this level of research in the first place might as well level up my degeneracy and hop on the unfunded liabilities thread and just take a flamethrower to the bank account.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teatree