• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cerruti W/S jacket and linen BD. Big fan of both.
21AD2924-C273-4A94-BACF-CCE99FB08064.jpeg

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have pics of the Vintage chambray? The stock pictures don't show much detail

No pics, but since no one is getting back to you yet, I do have an MTO in white vintage chambray. Assuming they're the same as this blue one, the material is stiff and heavy, like canvas. On me, it's actually overwhelming for a lighter jacket (8oz - 11oz or so) and the jacket will actually take the shape of the shirt in areas with no lining or canvas. I also tried wearing it in the winter with a flannel jacket which kind of worked when I lived in Boston but feels like a lot of clothes for California.

In the end, I've found myself wearing it standalone for a California summer, i.e. a warm summer day that transitions to a cool evening. In the spring and fall it's also good for wearing under a Baracuta with cavalry twill, flannel, or whatever else has a bit of complementary texture. I also have a semi-physical job where I travel with the sales team to customer labs and then follow the techs around making sure they're happy while the sales goobers sit in an air conditioned conference room hashing out POs. The chambray makes for a nice durable garment, though white isn't great even under a plasticky lab coat, and the price isn't as friendly as what the techs probably pay for their Dickies overshirts. Derp.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am kind of more enjoying the linen shorts from them more than the chino shorts in this humidity currently. They're only slightly more expensive, but so much more comfortable

Shorts are already sold out. The fook? I called to make sure they had them in stock before I made the trek across the city.

I can see the frustration from prior complaints about items being already sold out. Oh well!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shorts are already sold out. The fook? I called to make sure they had them in stock before I made the trek across the city.

I can see the frustration from prior complaints about items being already sold out. Oh well!
No way they’re all sold out already. They must be doing an inventory count of sorts. A few days ago there were about 3 left in each colour for my size (30 Slim). Idk about you, but that size doesn’t sell THAT fast. All are in “preview” now on site instead of for sale. Definitely can’t be sold out

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No way they’re all sold out already. They must be doing an inventory count of sorts. A few days ago there were about 3 left in each colour for my size (30 Slim). Idk about you, but that size doesn’t sell THAT fast. All are in “preview” now on site instead of for sale. Definitely can’t be sold out

Am I daft? Or does new arrivals means that they are new in the store? For example

Wife wants cream shorts for our family photoshoot. If they arrive in a week or two thats way too late in the season

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JayDee90

Reaction score
Am I daft? Or does new arrivals means that they are new in the store? For example

Wife wants cream shorts for our family photoshoot. If they arrive in a week or two thats way too late in the season
The online inventory is separate from the in-store inventory. In some cases the store will still have sizes of items no longer available online and the store may also not carry certain styles, sizes of everything you see online.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member