• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This suit was such a killer pickup. Keep the jetted pockets coming SM.
57CEB157-DE15-4356-A5AD-066C7115AEA4.jpeg

cr2596

Reaction score
Anyone pick up the unstructured "mesh" SCs? Thoughts on breathability and weight. The fabric composition doesn't read cooling, but the other elements are there.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score

mundieTRAINS

Reaction score
long time lurker first time poster…

I couldn’t pull the trigger on the 5 pocket pants sale this week - even the contemporary fit seems to be low rise (I’m wearing a pair of Levi’s 512 in size 34 as I type this and the front rise is almost 1” more than the contemporary fit)

price is right obviously, and finding pants with a mid to high rise in a 5 pocket design is a lifelong challenge for me. I find it impossible to get shirts that can tuck into them without popping out

any experience in these pants especially the slim fit? Am I missing something with how I’m measuring?

ive been looking for a company like S&M basically since I was a teenager, hoping I can replace my entire casual wardrobe with them. Loving the long sleeve polos and seed stitch sweaters during WFH!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered 5 products recently (suits and jackets sale). Got email notification that three items of the five shipped via email. When the package arrived, they weren’t the same three items as identified in the shipping email, and—to date—no word on the other two items. No word from customer service either on the discrepancies.

Any similar issues? Something to be overly concerned about, or just let it play out?
Wait it out a bit longer. If after a week you don't get the rest of the items, send them an email. They'll sort you out.

Just to follow up, emailed S&M on a Friday afternoon. Customer rep got in contact with me early Monday morning and provided a second tracking number for a second box of the shipment, which arrived Monday night; all products accounted for. :fonz:

Irish95

Reaction score
long time lurker first time poster…

I couldn’t pull the trigger on the 5 pocket pants sale this week - even the contemporary fit seems to be low rise (I’m wearing a pair of Levi’s 512 in size 34 as I type this and the front rise is almost 1” more than the contemporary fit)

price is right obviously, and finding pants with a mid to high rise in a 5 pocket design is a lifelong challenge for me. I find it impossible to get shirts that can tuck into them without popping out

any experience in these pants especially the slim fit? Am I missing something with how I’m measuring?

ive been looking for a company like S&M basically since I was a teenager, hoping I can replace my entire casual wardrobe with them. Loving the long sleeve polos and seed stitch sweaters during WFH!
I picked up the white courderoy about a month ago. Size 33 slim fit. Had my tailor take care of the hem. Not an expert on the “rise”, but I think the pants fit great. The rise seems just about right, but I suppose it might be a little lower than some of you like. I had been contemplating Sid Mashburn’s white cords, but grabbed these solely on price. Extremely happy with them.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love these cartoons form Croquissartoriaux.tumblr.com. The details kills me; spalla comicia, wide lapels, edge and seam hand stitching (although frequently derided by @dieworkwear), 3 r 2, 2-button sleeves on jacket, 2-inch cuff trousers sans belt and Baudoin & Lange Sagan tassels. This dude even has a little spezz going on with the unbutton collar. He could easily be @wilcthree or @ericgereghty.
ba5813ba927c63dda42072a4977dc5c8f664da6f.jpg

"
In an ideal world, Robert’s perfect outfit would have guaranteed him the attention of every woman in town. In an ideal world, he would have a very pretty blond hairline and a conquering moustache that would have left none of his potential victims indifferent. Unfortunately, Robert didn’t live in an ideal world, and in five minutes he was going to wake up, alone, to choose which tie - which no one would notice - he was going to wear with his impeccably cut outfit"

Holy **** these are relatable.

MrFingers

Reaction score
If anyone wants to get the

"
In an ideal world, Robert’s perfect outfit would have guaranteed him the attention of every woman in town. In an ideal world, he would have a very pretty blond hairline and a conquering moustache that would have left none of his potential victims indifferent. Unfortunately, Robert didn’t live in an ideal world, and in five minutes he was going to wake up, alone, to choose which tie - which no one would notice - he was going to wear with his impeccably cut outfit"

*mild existential crisis triggered*

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay and @everyone

Just a quick note to say I've been ordering from S&M for about 4 years. OTR and MTO and my experience has been nothing but excellent. Easy purchases (fast deliveries) and easy returns. Good communication through email.
When I communicate with S&M I don't expect a response that day or even the next as they are not a department store
with call centers.
In my opinion they sell great quality for incredibly reasonable prices.

Thanks Spier & Mackay

A suit from 3 or 4 seasons ago
and SC with MTO green/white stripe shirt.

fullsizeoutput_b1b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_f22.jpeg

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"

Report reason: personally attacking or hassaing me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads