• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
V necks don't look flattering on skinny guys with elongated faces. Henleys are cool but sometimes messy:

T-shirts rarely flatter skinny guys. Suits, on the other hand...

Can I assume that is an example of messy? Because that looks awful.
This. Also for me, I'm forever scarred from the Jersey Shore days of them wearing V necks and the association to it. Silly I know
Don't let those ghastly rhinestone studded tiger tees kill a good thing haha

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learning something new everyday. Initial thoughts: Interesting fabric, holy hell why would a designer pick that color? Is it just bad lighting? It looks like a worn out rug, or a sweater that's pilled beyond all repair. I maybe see it in a darker color where the texture gives it some depth but that coat looks like someone stole it off a bum on the street.

Upon more googling, definitely a cool idea, but still dislike that color. Navy, green, red, even oatmeal all look pretty cool. But I don't have the money to drop on a 2nd let alone 3rd or 4th overcoat even if I lived in a place that allowed me to wear one so I'm probably not that target audience of this question.
Casentino is pretty much intentionally pilled wool, it's not for everyone.

I look at it as an alternative to tweed, and a more rugged variation to camelhair/cashmere camel variations.

blewnote1

Reaction score
Casentino is pretty much intentionally pilled wool, it's not for everyone.

I look at it as an alternative to tweed, and a more rugged variation to camelhair/cashmere camel variations.

Like I said, cool fabric, just not a fan of that shade... but hey what would fashion be if we all liked the same things! Wild that it's been around since the 1300s.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I said, cool fabric, just not a fan of that shade... but hey what would fashion be if we all liked the same things! Wild that it's been around since the 1300s.
Yeah I can see now that the shade and lighting are not great.

I was struggling to find photos of a full shot of a casentino coat that wasn't in red or green.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interest check for casentino polo or ulster coat for the future? I was thinking camel

tumblr_nzwrnajTUc1s60689o3_1280.jpg
Need the Casentino even though I'd never be able to wear it here. It's one of my grails. Different color and I'm all in. Camel doesn't work well for my skin tone.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learning something new everyday. Initial thoughts: Interesting fabric, holy hell why would a designer pick that color? Is it just bad lighting? It looks like a worn out rug, or a sweater that's pilled beyond all repair. I maybe see it in a darker color where the texture gives it some depth but that coat looks like someone stole it off a bum on the street.

This 800 year old animal blanket fabric should just die. Downright scam trying to sell it off as anything mankind wearable.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This 800 year old animal blanket fabric should just die. Downright scam trying to sell it off as anything mankind wearable.
I obviously don't agree, but this did make me laugh.

I'm not a big fan of matte looking fabrics for overcoats, looks too clean for my tastes.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Says the guy who's lining up to buy a down "blazer." Can't wait to see your fit pic when it arrives! :-D

Total opposite of the animal blanket, the down blazer is the perfect embodiment of modern convenience, blissful comfort, and fusion of CM x SWD that can be worn by teenagers to dying men and women alike. One simply cannot say no to.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Total opposite of the animal blanket, the down blazer is the perfect embodiment of modern convenience, blissful comfort, and fusion of CM x SWD that can be worn by teenagers to dying men and women alike. One simply cannot say no to.
It looks lost and confused. The zenith of bland business casual.

I'd much rather look like this than wear that, and no irony here.
kapital_katsuragi_ring_coat_1.jpg

Hudson

Reaction score
? so just a t-shirt? The standard jersey is a knit fabric.
Not quite -- something similar to the knit polo shirt SM offered this summer but without the collar. A ribbed collar, waistband, and sleeves. The Anthology has one but i'm not wiling to shell out $130 CAD for a t-shirt.

Attachments

• Knit Tshirt.jpeg
    Knit Tshirt.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 65

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics