• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream Flannel And Emerald Green Tweed...

20210113_221318.jpg

20210113_221658.jpg

@Jamesbond1 - Here's Both Emerald Greens
20210113_164210.jpg

The need for (5) pairs Cream Flannel, Is there anything that you can't wear with them...
20210113_223930.jpg

Newest Cream Arrival!

Stylewords

Reaction score
Are the buttons different from the previous purple label denim shirts? Weren't they mother of pearl? These look like the cheaper looking bright white buttons of the non-purple-label denim shirts.

_dm_so_

Reaction score
Are the buttons different from the previous purple label denim shirts? Weren't they mother of pearl? These look like the cheaper looking bright white buttons of the non-purple-label denim shirts.
In description it says "river shell" which are indeed usually are on not purple label shirts

Stylewords

Reaction score
In description it says "river shell" which are indeed usually are on not purple label shirts
Yes, that's what I thought when I saw the photos. It's a shame because I really liked those previous purple label denim shirts, but I can't stand those cheaper white buttons. At least it saves me money.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ptfly

Reaction score
Update on my corduroy trouser: it is indeed not as simple as a bad crease job, I think it's something more.

On the right leg, the crease that runs down the pant leg is completely off center and shifted to the right. In fact, the crease ends quite literally at my right foot's ankle whereas the left pant leg is totally okay. All other S&M trousers I bought have no such issue, it is only trouser. Furthermore, hemming would not cause this to happen because it was actually like this before I got it hemmed but silly me I thought it was just a misaligned crease and that it could be re-centered. Whenever I stand or walk, there is a ripple effect on the right pant leg starting from the knee down. At first, I thought it was a bad creasing job so I took it to a dry cleaner and after I got it back the problem was still there. I am planning on taking it back to my tailor and asking her how I can fix the issue.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or how a tailor can fix this? Does anyone know the issue behind this happening? Thank you all!
Maybe the right leg is cut off grain. This happens with denim often. Problem caused by cutting too many layers (ply) and/or marker not lined up with the warp (vertical). Tends to happen on longer lengths where there is more room for error.
This should be really easy to spot because the wales graph out the warp like graph paper. Follow the line from top to bottom. If it veers to the side on that leg there is no possible way to fix this.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They seem to be river shell, seems there is now grades of ‘purple label’ which is confusing. More expensive purple labels have MoP buttons, while the slightly cheaper ones have river shell

Spyder187

Reaction score
IMG_20210114_033750.jpg

Brown covert to whomever was asking for photos! Photo is taken under regular light bulb so maybe slightly tinted yellow...

The waist is smaller than my other high rise trousers so I'm unsure whether I will keep it. Fabric as always is one of my favourites!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update on my corduroy trouser: it is indeed not as simple as a bad crease job, I think it's something more.

On the right leg, the crease that runs down the pant leg is completely off center and shifted to the right. In fact, the crease ends quite literally at my right foot's ankle whereas the left pant leg is totally okay. All other S&M trousers I bought have no such issue, it is only trouser. Furthermore, hemming would not cause this to happen because it was actually like this before I got it hemmed but silly me I thought it was just a misaligned crease and that it could be re-centered. Whenever I stand or walk, there is a ripple effect on the right pant leg starting from the knee down. At first, I thought it was a bad creasing job so I took it to a dry cleaner and after I got it back the problem was still there. I am planning on taking it back to my tailor and asking her how I can fix the issue.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or how a tailor can fix this? Does anyone know the issue behind this happening? Thank you all!
Does the crease look like the one in the right leg?

If yes, that is sadly a cutting error. If you match the seams you will see that they are off-center. With those trousers I noticed too late and they were already with cuffs. I tried to iron the crease correctly but I had to shift the seams a lot. Now, before hemming or cuffing any trouser, I check first the seams develop a "straight" crease.

japejapejape

Reaction score
China is a great powerhouse for many things. They only get slack because of people in the fast fashion and cheap items. You can go to China to make anything, you can get a quality item made, but that costs more money. So more companies choose the route that they don't want to spend the money so you get a cheaply made item. Sometimes that cheaply made item involves inhumane manner, but I'm sure Rick doesn't do any of that.

Kevin24

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble getting email responses from S&M customer service?

I emailed them last week to do an exchange and have not heard anything from them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics