• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the new button down polo in the mail today. Much lighter and more breathable material compared to those that I have from two years ago. Also noticeably more room in the chest, as mentioned before, which I do appreciate.
Blue wide stripe linen and light ice wash denim on the way now!

@spiermackay it was possible to choose sleeve length for the wide stripe linen shirt, which is also labeled as sport shirt, so I'm assuming that option doesn't actually factor in?
The new polo fabric is superior in almost every way. The yarn is better, the dye uptake is better, the density is better. It wears more comfortable in warm weather. Has better stretch/recovery properties. Washes better. Overall is a more lux look/feel. Even the buttons are an upgraded pearl.

The wide stripe linen was cut late last year. They were cut and put into storage before we decided to transition to the single sleeve for sportshirts.
Now I'm hype, especially as someone who runs hot.

Is the collar roll the same on BDs?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of casual shirts - any plan to introduce untucked shirts?
Yes. A bunch of shirts on the way. But logistics got knackered by a bunch of different circumstances. So I can give a ear date on drops at the moment.

Curious to know what colour/patterns/fabric the shirts are in. Helps with planning ;)

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay

Rick, is the premium white solid poplin being restocked any time soon? Mine got put in the dryer by a person that is not me.
:brick:
White shirts have been truly scarce at SM in recent months. White royal twill, the first white addition to the line up in a good long while, s/o in my size in less than a week. Gone before I even noticed. But for that very brief interlude, its 0 for white. Hope that will change in coming weeks.

pmestrad

Reaction score
Rick, anything in this color (not cotton) available currently in MTO or coming up?
Just bumping this bc I think it got lost in the thread. Really looking for a wool suit in this color or even one that is close to the emerald color in the emerald herringbone jacket from this past winter, though just plain textured and 4 season fabric.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 9.52.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 9.52.50 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 130

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, they are on the water at the moment.
Rick is it the case that there isn't much demand for white dress shirts these days?
Just wondering if the rest of the world is moving away from them. I still wear them all the time, they work with everything. But my Whites are getting worn down and I need to replace several of them (none yours; all to be replaced predate my SM addiction!)

Keep up the great work! The spring drops so far are stellar!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just bumping this bc I think it got lost in the thread. Really looking for a wool suit in this color or even one that is close to the emerald color in the emerald herringbone jacket from this past winter, though just plain textured and 4 season fabric.

Nothing OTR. The best would be the green from Minnis in the Classic 2 cloth, but that's a bit heavy 3 season stuff.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll likely not change until October. Off-white polo, with much-needed room for us XXL boys, and the Sondrio medium brown check.

View attachment 1351145
How do you find the fit of the XXL v the XXL of last year's polos?
I'm wondering if I should buy my normal size in this years polos, whereas I sized up for SM polos last year and the year before.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'll likely not change until October. Off-white polo, with much-needed room for us XXL boys, and the Sondrio medium brown check.

View attachment 1351145

The off white with the brown works so perfectly. It's not as stark as a pure white.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads