• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thomas Mason MTM arrived at the downtown store today. Will wait till next week to try it on when Mr. Hanchett is back from Pitti!!
All this talk of shrinkage of shirts here I have had no issues with my made to measure shirts fit before or after the wash.

That collar, spalla all the goodies!! Thank you!! @induere_to once again for the design and inspiration behind this one!! View attachment 1312791
Very nice. What do the collar points measure?

thedose

Reaction score
All this talk of shrinkage of shirts here I have had no issues with my made to measure shirts fit before or after the wash.

I don't have any MTM shirts from S&M, but have had issues with shrinkage with OTR shirts -- to the point that I had to throw them out because they wouldn't even button anymore, I believe that is what we are talking about, not MTM.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S&M overcoat, suit and shoes.

5358EFD7-DA91-4676-90C1-3F48B55E7AFC.jpeg

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought the Teal Polo coat during the Boxing Day sale. I was hesitant cause I already have the Rust from last year and love it but wanted to see a pic of the Teal in the wild first cause I was unsure about the color but I couldn’t find one. I decided to buy it anyway and I’m glad I did.

It’s more versatile than the Rust, it’s a mix of Blue and Grey. A few changes from last year’s model, as mentioned on here before, the pockets are deeper which is a welcome touch. But my favorite is the fact that the collar stays up a lot better. Now I just have to shorten the sleeves a little. Anyway, here are a pics of the 2 coats side by side. In case anyone is wondering what the Teal looks like.
18EC2ABE-126D-47E2-989A-A2F368D248B4.jpeg
EB29AE90-608E-4CFD-BC05-9229E57CED66.jpeg

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Bought the Teal Polo coat during the Boxing Day sale. I was hesitant cause I already have the Rust from last year and love it but wanted to see a pic of the Teal in the wild first cause I was unsure about the color but I couldn’t find one. I decided to buy it anyway and I’m glad I did.

It’s more versatile than the Rust, it’s a mix of Blue and Grey. A few changes from last year’s model, as mentioned on here before, the pockets are deeper which is a welcome touch. But my favorite is the fact that the collar stays up a lot better. Now I just have to shorten the sleeves a little. Anyway, here are a pics of the 2 coats side by side. In case anyone is wondering what the Teal looks like. View attachment 1312836 View attachment 1312837

I picked this one up too. I was similarly nervous with it being called “teal” but you’re absolutely right that it reads much more grey and blue (with a lot of midnight/navy undertones too).

Every day I’ve worn the polo coat someone has stopped me to say they love either the fabric or the whole coat. Never had that with any previous outerwear!

this was also the first Spier item I bought that I bought OTR that needed zero tailoring. The size 40 fits damn near perfect on me (6’ 175lbs and slightly longer than expected arms).

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked this one up too. I was similarly nervous with it being called “teal” but you’re absolutely right that it reads much more grey and blue (with a lot of midnight/navy undertones too).

Every day I’ve worn the polo coat someone has stopped me to say they love either the fabric or the whole coat. Never had that with any previous outerwear!

this was also the first Spier item I bought that I bought OTR that needed zero tailoring. The size 40 fits damn near perfect on me (6’ 175lbs and slightly longer than expected arms).
I agree completely, no other piece of clothing that I own get more compliments than my Rust coat, not even close. It has such a presence to it, it’s hard to describe. I’m looking forward to seeing if the Teal gets similar reactions.

Just yesterday at work, I was speaking to a lady at my desk. I was about to give her a tour, so I went to the back to put my coat on. When I came back, she goes “wow, nice coat! I didn’t even realize you were the same person” ??

storm_will_pass

Reaction score
S&M experts, would any of you be able to provide the length between the middle of the first button to the sleeve hem? Eyeing a sport coat, but would likely need to shorten the sleeve slightly.

callmematthew

Reaction score
How much success have you all had in letting out sports jackets? The tailors I've taken them to balk at the suggestion. When I look at the seams, there is some additional fabric but, admittedly, not a lot. As others have observed, my experience has been that the same size varies. Alas, my mint green jacket is too snug in the torso, whereas many other jackets with the same size aren't. I hate to return it because I picked up the pants, too, but I'm having trouble finding a tailor who is willing to help.

BernieStevens

Reaction score
I agree completely, no other piece of clothing that I own get more compliments than my Rust coat, not even close. It has such a presence to it, it’s hard to describe. I’m looking forward to seeing if the Teal gets similar reactions.

Just yesterday at work, I was speaking to a lady at my desk. I was about to give her a tour, so I went to the back to put my coat on. When I came back, she goes “wow, nice coat! I didn’t even realize you were the same person” ??

Great coats. All right @vriche time to get back to shooting new videos! Your audience is waiting! ;)?

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great coats. All right @vriche time to get back to shooting new videos! Your audience is waiting! ;)?
I showed one of these to Enzo. He was arguing many points in the video.

For one, he said he loves cuff links. Also, he said he has no problem with peak lapels.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I showed one of these to Enzo. He was arguing many points in the video.

For one, he said he loves cuff links. Also, he said he has no problem with peak lapels.

I have not watched videos from @vriche, at least I don't think so. But based on your comment, I guess he's not the biggest proponent of cufflinks and peak lapels. Different flavors for different neighbors I like to say.

I would agree that I am not a fan of peak lapels, but mostly because it does not suit my frame really. Love a pair of links though. Not a fan of those pins or jewelry that go from the lapel button to the chest pocket. Seems a bit much.

Speaking of different flavors, to me certain folks over at Pitti Uomo remind me of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. In other words, the circus is in town.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not watched videos from @vriche, at least I don't think so. But based on your comment, I guess he's not the biggest proponent of cufflinks and peak lapels. Different flavors for different neighbors I like to say.

I would agree that I am not a fan of peak lapels, but mostly because it does not suit my frame really. Love a pair of links though. Not a fan of those pins or jewelry that go from the lapel button to the chest pocket. Seems a bit much.

Speaking of different flavors, to me certain folks over at Pitti Uomo remind me of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. In other words, the circus is in town.
I think this is the one I disagree with. Only the content. Not Vladimir's videos. I love those.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member