• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lsu123

Reaction score
Can S&M get wrinkle-free fabric for a small run of MTM shirts? I know I'll be crucified here for even mentioning wrinkle-free but the 2 S&M shirts I've bought wrinkle like crazy after just an hour or so. I can live with the Brooks Brothers wrinkle-free fabric. Is there anyway S&M can get some of that?

NickInTO

Reaction score
Popped in to try on the new suit cut today at lunch. Really amazing quality and a great looking suit. Impressive how far the quality of the suits have come! Also the best fit I've ever had off the rack, unfortunately the 38 is about 1" - 1.5" too short. But the suits felt and looked nicer than anything else I've seen at the price point (and even higher price points).

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can S&M get wrinkle-free fabric for a small run of MTM shirts? I know I'll be crucified here for even mentioning wrinkle-free but the 2 S&M shirts I've bought wrinkle like crazy after just an hour or so. I can live with the Brooks Brothers wrinkle-free fabric. Is there anyway S&M can get some of that?

Keep asking! I've been bugging Rick about it for a couple of years now... I hope he relents soon!

mrpaul

Reaction score
Hi Rick, I recently bought 2 contemporary suits. The fit is good however I found the back length Jacket to be about .5 in. short and the pants too aggressively tapered. I have big calves so prefer slightly tapered or straight leg pants.

I guess what I'm describing is a modern classic fit. Do you have any plans to add this fit?

linds_15

Reaction score
which fabrics did you get? The Thomas Mason stuff and poplins I find wrinkle very quickly but the twills hold up much better

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the new cotton dress chinos today in contemporary. They are incredibly comfortable, I like the fabric weight, and the thighs have enough space in them for someone w/ bigger legs. Like the little bit of stretch also. Would absolutely love to buy these in a sage green, pine or olive green, and some shades of brown. Rise is perfect.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the new cotton dress chinos today in contemporary. They are incredibly comfortable, I like the fabric weight, and the thighs have enough space in them for someone w/ bigger legs. Like the little bit of stretch also. Would absolutely love to buy these in a sage green, pine or olive green, and some shades of brown. Rise is perfect.

I think you and I are going to have a closet full of premium cotton trousers by this time next year. Any shade of green probably (lol), chocolate brown, medium brown, stone, khaki. My wallet will take a beating between those and the cotton/linen if they come to fruition.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the polo massdrop I was just thinking how the fit/sizing for the 2016 polos was a big improvement over 2015. Of course the material and construction was also a huge leap in quality.

In the 2016 polos I had both medium and large and both worked depending on how I preferred the fit. I do find that the one fit detail that needed adjusting is the shoulder. It seemed too wide in proportion to the body's of the polos.

Was just looking at the massdrop model pics and also myself (wearing light grey today) and was reminded of it. I'd venture to guess the shoulder could easily be brought in .5" or even more to polish up the look.

Just thoughts for 2018 polos.

Edit: adding a crappy pic of my weekend outfit. Light grey polo in large. I'm 5'9 and currently 175 for reference.

IMG_2276.JPG

Last edited:

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we're making recommendations for Summer 2018 - classic seersucker.

Ideally, jacket and trouser separates that can be combined.

5thav

Reaction score
Vote from me as well. Since Banana changed their sizes, I've been struggling to find a well fitting shirt under $75 that doesn't wrinkle too much, especially when packing in a suitcase. Bought one MTM and love it, but it wrinkles much more than my non-irons. Can I ask - what texture/fabric/weight/yawn are your wrinkle-prone shirts? Perhaps there are certain combinations that are worse than others.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@spiermackay Rick, could you check and see if it would be possible to do a trouser substitution on a couple of the Neapolitan suits? I have the blue sharkskin and charcoal houndstooth suits and would like to send back my size 38 contemporary trousers for size 36 if at all possible for one or both suits. The trousers I have are of course still brand new, unworn, unhemmed. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sghichove