• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

02///M3

Reaction score
Two quick questions Rick:

For your MTM suiting offers, is it possible to send a jacket/trousers to be replicated similar to your shirt replication program? Probably more complicated to replicate a suit jacket, but when I ordered an S&M suit for sizing, the fit was off in ways I wasn't comfortable trying to adjust over email (i.e. collar too low/long causing a collar gap).

Second, will you guys be offering any chambray or denim for the MTM shirt program at any point?

Thanks as always.

Lancaster

Reaction score
Rick, a few questions about the polos. 1) what makes hem such a good value? 2) what kind of buttons are on these and what kind were used on the original ones? 3) why no sewn on tag? 4) are you going to have a run with bigger spread in the collars? Thanks.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two quick questions Rick:

For your MTM suiting offers, is it possible to send a jacket/trousers to be replicated similar to your shirt replication program? Probably more complicated to replicate a suit jacket, but when I ordered an S&M suit for sizing, the fit was off in ways I wasn't comfortable trying to adjust over email (i.e. collar too low/long causing a collar gap).

Second, will you guys be offering any chambray or denim for the MTM shirt program at any point?

Thanks as always.

The SF offer is a MTO/MTM based on the Model 2 jacket. So the adjustments would have to be based on that. If you needed a replicated jacket, we would have to apply it as Custom and create a new pattern. This would be at the regular custom price.

We're trying for both, but to get good quality in quantities and price we need to be at is really difficult. We can easily get denim from Albiate, but it would be more expensive than any shirts we currently offer, which really makes no sense. We are thinking of commissioning our own Denim and Chambray like we did for the Oxfords, but nothing has be set yet.

Rick, a few questions about the polos. 1) what makes hem such a good value? 2) what kind of buttons are on these and what kind were used on the original ones? 3) why no sewn on tag? 4) are you going to have a run with bigger spread in the collars? Thanks.

1. The yarn and fabric are of 100% Combed, Ring Spun, ELS Cotton and knit using Japanese Fukuhara machines. The result is an airy, lightweight polo, that still has great body, stretch/recovery and comfort. Compare these to Lacoste, Polo, or even Kent Wang, and our Polos are almost a third the price.

2. The buttons are faux pearl made from an acrylic resin. They look and perform very close to our shell buttons on our shirts. The original polo has a poly button, that really wasn't that great, but did it's job.

3. No tag is more comfortable on knits

4. We're starting this new run with the same spread as our popular Semi-Spread from our dress shirts. Possibly in the future, depending on feedback, we may increase the spread. The semi spread does a much better job framing the face as an open collar shirt than a full spread. But we'll make whatever our customers want in the end.

Burke

Reaction score
Hey Rick - I seem to remember that you were developing new chinos. Is that still happening? If so when?

I apologize if this has already been discussed.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Rick - I seem to remember that you were developing new chinos. Is that still happening? If so when?

I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Yes we are. There is a slight delay in the first run, should have them in April. This run will be from fabric we purchased from a supplier from available stock. A really great mid-weight for warm weather.

For fall, we will roll out the chinos for which we developed our own cloth. A really fantastic Mid-Heavy 3x1 twill made from 100% Egyptian Cotton.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much amazing stuff to buy from you guys this year. Super excited!

To whoever asked, never got the opp to wear my tobacco linen suit, sorry!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. The yarn and fabric are of 100% Combed, Ring Spun, ELS Cotton and knit using Japanese Fukuhara machines. The result is an airy, lightweight polo, that still has great body, stretch/recovery and comfort. Compare these to Lacoste, Polo, or even Kent Wang, and our Polos are almost a third the price.

2. The buttons are faux pearl made from an acrylic resin. They look and perform very close to our shell buttons on our shirts. The original polo has a poly button, that really wasn't that great, but did it's job.

3. No tag is more comfortable on knits

4. We're starting this new run with the same spread as our popular Semi-Spread from our dress shirts. Possibly in the future, depending on feedback, we may increase the spread. The semi spread does a much better job framing the face as an open collar shirt than a full spread. But we'll make whatever our customers want in the end.

Could not be more pumped for these polos, if you need an 2-3 week early beta tester let me know hahaha

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hardy Minnis Fresco!

Look what came in the mail today for Custom!

Can do full suits at $1095 CAD, Jacket at $849 and Trouser at $325, which I think is the same as Luxire, but we have the full collection AND if your in the GTA you can come in and get measured.

Last edited:

Mojomojo

Reaction score

Hardy Minnis Fresco!

Look what came in the mail today for Custom!

Can do full suits at $1095 CAD, Jacket at $849 and Trouser at $325, which I think is the same as Luxire, but we have the full collection AND if your in the GTA you can come in and get measured.

Rick, what's the difference between the MTO/MTM and customs? I understand the MTO/MTM is based on model 2 so it is a bit more limiting to suit adjustments, but I thought customs was also based on MTM.

Pricing wise, don't they both start the same at ~$550-599? Then customs just moves up higher in price based on fabric.

02///M3

Reaction score

The SF offer is a MTO/MTM based on the Model 2 jacket. So the adjustments would have to be based on that. If you needed a replicated jacket, we would have to apply it as Custom and create a new pattern. This would be at the regular custom price.

We're trying for both, but to get good quality in quantities and price we need to be at is really difficult. We can easily get denim from Albiate, but it would be more expensive than any shirts we currently offer, which really makes no sense.  We are thinking of commissioning our own Denim and Chambray like we did for the Oxfords, but nothing has be set yet.

Thanks for the quick response Rick. After seeing that awesome Minnis Fresco, I think I have to go custom anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads