• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ETA on light cotton or linen shirting for OTR slim fit? Headed south mid April. Should have ordered some MTM popovers but I fear its too late.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second the black watch suggestion of the gentleman above!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any thoughts on getting some plaid fabric in besides the madras, particularly for RTW?

I could see Black Watch being really popular.

We have a bunch of check fabrics coming in throughout the summer. Black Watch is a great Fall/Winter design.

Any ETA on light cotton or linen shirting for OTR slim fit? Headed south mid April. Should have ordered some MTM popovers but I fear its too late.

I'm expecting the linen swatches in by next week. We received some light weight and voile cloth in for MTM this week. PM, I can still get you MTM for before you leave if needed.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on getting some plaid fabric in besides the madras, particularly for RTW?

I could see Black Watch being really popular.

I second the black watch suggestion of the gentleman above!
I third the motion. I'm wearing my black watch madras sport coat today. It's still winter after all despite being in the 70s.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

We have some overstock on suit cloth we ran OTR from the past couple of seasons. We are tinkering to offer this as MTO/MTM as a SF Exclusive to start for $550 CAD (Approx. $400 USD). You can essentially design the suit how you like. Lapel style/width, gorge height, pockets, shoulder construction (Normal, Relaxed, Spalla Camica, etc), 2 button, 3 roll 2.5, etc.Same with trousers. Side tabs, cuffs, pleats, etc. This would include Half-Canvas construction and bemberg lining, full, half, 1/4 or no lining. Full Canvas would be +$100 CAD.

Sizing would be based on our Model 2. For those that never tried our Model 2 Contemporary, it's very similar to the SuitSupply Havana or Lazio. Just advise what size adjustments are needed, including square, sloping or rolling shoulders will be adjusted. I'll get into detail about how we can get accurate sizing in another post.

If this is something you guys are interested in, I'll see to get some colour accurate pics up of the available cloth.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

We have some overstock on suit cloth we ran OTR from the past couple of seasons. We are tinkering to offer this as MTO/MTM as a SF Exclusive to start for $550 CAD (Approx. $400 USD). You can essentially design the suit how you like. Lapel style/width, gorge height, pockets, shoulder construction (Normal, Relaxed, Spalla Camica, etc), 2 button, 3 roll 2.5, etc.Same with trousers. Side tabs, cuffs, pleats, etc. This would include Half-Canvas construction and bemberg lining, full, half, 1/4 or no lining. Full Canvas would be +$100 CAD.

Sizing would be based on our Model 2. For those that never tried our Model 2 Contemporary, it's very similar to the SuitSupply Havana or Lazio. Just advise what size adjustments are needed, including square, sloping or rolling shoulders will be adjusted. I'll get into detail about how we can get accurate sizing in another post.

If this is something you guys are interested in, I'll see to get some colour accurate pics up of the available cloth.
That sounds awesome. I really wish I needed a suit. Maybe I do, but just don't know it.

Chambertin

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

Very interested, this could work for me and my groomsmen. I assume a 3 piece would be ok?

ldegeneve

Reaction score

Hello Gentlemen,

Where do I sign up?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics