• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question for the guys that have picked up the latest release of the brushed oxford.

The brushing is quite minimal, but how do you guys like it? Do we keep it on the next run, keep the brushing but take it down a bit or get rid of it and just keep a classic, standard, traditional oxford fabric.

Another option is, we keep the brushing for Sportshirts and run a regular oxford for "dress oxfords"

Opinions?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love it just the way it is. It is not enough brushed to loose it's ability to pair with a sport coat. And it looks good on it's own, rolled sleeves with jeans or chinos.

vespertiliovir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to wear it next Friday for a pretty special event so I sure hope so!
fistbump.gif
any pics you can share in the meantime?

canadacelt

Reaction score
Am interested!

Hello Gentlemen,

We have some overstock on suit cloth we ran OTR from the past couple of seasons. We are tinkering to offer this as MTO/MTM as a SF Exclusive to start for $550 CAD (Approx. $400 USD). You can essentially design the suit how you like. Lapel style/width, gorge height, pockets, shoulder construction (Normal, Relaxed, Spalla Camica, etc), 2 button, 3 roll 2.5, etc.Same with trousers. Side tabs, cuffs, pleats, etc. This would include Half-Canvas construction and bemberg lining, full, half, 1/4 or no lining. Full Canvas would be +$100 CAD.

Sizing would be based on our Model 2. For those that never tried our Model 2 Contemporary, it's very similar to the SuitSupply Havana or Lazio. Just advise what size adjustments are needed, including square, sloping or rolling shoulders will be adjusted. I'll get into detail about how we can get accurate sizing in another post.

If this is something you guys are interested in, I'll see to get some colour accurate pics up of the available cloth.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Question for the guys that have picked up the latest release of the brushed oxford.

The brushing is quite minimal, but how do you guys like it? Do we keep it on the next run, keep the brushing but take it down a bit or get rid of it and just keep a classic, standard, traditional oxford fabric.

Another option is, we keep the brushing for Sportshirts and run a regular oxford for "dress oxfords"

Opinions?

Seeing it in person today, I thought the brushing was already pretty understated, which is good.

If it's not brushed does it have a sheen? I've seem some oxfords with a lot of shine and others that are pretty flat.

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Opinions?

I have the light blue brushed oxford and like the minimal brushing, as it makes the shirt look solid from a distance but adds a degree of visual interest up close. I don't think I'd like it if it had more brushing.

If you want to run a "dress oxford," it would be awesome in a semi-spread collar and university stripe.

billmeek

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

We have some overstock on suit cloth we ran OTR from the past couple of seasons. We are tinkering to offer this as MTO/MTM as a SF Exclusive to start for $550 CAD (Approx. $400 USD). You can essentially design the suit how you like. Lapel style/width, gorge height, pockets, shoulder construction (Normal, Relaxed, Spalla Camica, etc), 2 button, 3 roll 2.5, etc.Same with trousers. Side tabs, cuffs, pleats, etc. This would include Half-Canvas construction and bemberg lining, full, half, 1/4 or no lining. Full Canvas would be +$100 CAD.

Sizing would be based on our Model 2. For those that never tried our Model 2 Contemporary, it's very similar to the SuitSupply Havana or Lazio. Just advise what size adjustments are needed, including square, sloping or rolling shoulders will be adjusted. I'll get into detail about how we can get accurate sizing in another post.

If this is something you guys are interested in, I'll see to get some colour accurate pics up of the available cloth.
Very interested!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went in and got my shirt as well as the chino's.

Here is a pic. Don't mind the crappy outfit as I was going to grab a bite to eat quickly.

Pants are slim, just how I like it. A heck of a deal at $15

If there is more size 30 in Navy or khaki let me know Rick

Thanks

Last edited:

johnnytdota2

Reaction score
I have the shirts saved in my checkout cart, but before I checkout, can someone comment on how the slim fit shirts fit? Specifically compared to the Tailored Slim Fit from Banana Republic?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the shirts saved in my checkout cart, but before I checkout, can someone comment on how the slim fit shirts fit? Specifically compared to the Tailored Slim Fit from Banana Republic?

If you own the BR shirts just measure one and compare vs the posted measurements on the site. That would be the easiest way to compare imo.

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's been a couple years since I wore a BR shirt, but I think their tailored slim is more like S&M's Contemporary fit, which is pretty slim as it is is. Best thing to do is compare measurements.

toddl

Reaction score
I love it just the way it is. It is not enough brushed to loose it's ability to pair with a sport coat. And it looks good on it's own, rolled sleeves with jeans or chinos.

I'll echo this. To me it's perfect as is.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gentlemen, Here are the first group of fabrics available for the MTO/MTM. 2 Piece Suit (Half Canvas) $550 CAD, Jacket $400, Trousers $150, Waistcoat $150

As we have not offered this before, we feel the most efficient way to take orders at the moment is as follows:

Email your order to [email protected] with the subject: SF MTM Promo.

1. Advise your existing SM account and which email address is associated to it. If you don't have an account, please register HERE.

2. Advise the fabric you want to select along with the fabric code.

3. Advise Jacket styling details:
  • Canvas (Half, Full +$100 CAD)
  • Front Buttoning (i.e. 2 Button, 3 Roll 2.5, etc)
  • Lapel (Peak, Notch and advise Width) - Can also advise if want standard or high gorge height. High gorge is 2 cm higher than standard.
  • Pockets: (Straight, Slanted. With Ticket, Patch, etc)
  • Chest Pocket: (Normal, Barchetta, Patch, etc)
  • Vents: (Single, Double)
  • Shoulder: Normal, No Padding, Spalla Camica, etc.
  • Lining Colour: Only 3 choices. Burgundy Bemberg, Navy Bemberg, Black Bemberg

4. Advise Trouser styling details:
  • Front (no pleats, single pleat, etc)
  • Pockets (On Seam, Off Seam, etc)
  • Hem: (No Cuff, Cuffed and Cuff Size)
  • Waist Band: (Regular or Extended)
  • Side Tabs or Belt Loops
  • Lining: (To Knee, To Hem)

5. Sizing
These will be based on our Model 2, both Slim and Contemporary fit blocks.

Jacket: Advise what changes are needed to a standard size. i.e. shorten/lengthen sleeves, take in/let out waist, chest, sleeve pitch, square back, etc.
Trouser: Advise what changes are needed to a standard size. i.e. take in/let out waist, hip, thigh, knee, hem. Raise/Lower front or back rise. Advise finished outseam.

If you have never ordered a suit from us, you can advise adjustments based on our listed measurements. Alternatively, you can purchase a suit/trouser and the purchase can be credited towards your custom suit when returned if you so choose. As this program is running on a razor thin margin, we will charge $15 CAD against the trial suit to offset the return charge. (We will be offering first suit return free starting later this week for US customers)

Blue POW - 10005 170/4
Super 110's - 265 gsm.

Blue Sharkskin - 24500/2
Super 100's - 275 gsm

Medium Blue Sharkskin - 10005 169/5
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Midnight Navy - 11500/1
Super 100's - 275 gsm

Navy Micro Box Pattern - 21500 303/7
Super 100's - 275 gsm

Navy Herringbone - 10005 116/5
Super 110's - 265 gsm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics