• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have meet a couple that were really pretty but I have meet several that could have passed as men. It's funny during the games how they always find the more attractive ladies. I do like the fact that the German broads are a little on the easy side.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have meet a couple that were really pretty but I have meet several that could have passed as men. It's funny during the games how they always find the more attractive ladies. I do like the fact that the German broads are a little on the easy side.

Do you think Fritzl had a bad relationship with a Fraulein?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's was probably going great until they got to the bedroom and she had a penis. That would cause a little rift.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fritlz- when you saw the Blutwurst between her legs was that the tipping point when you decided to loath the Krauts?

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep it coming bro :nodding:

Again, I think this final will be a snooze fest. Italy is not that good. I have watched Italian teams from 1982 until today and this team is not in the league of some of the better Italian teams. So I repeat I do not believe the final will be a great game. Perhaps I will be wrong.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, Burton you will be wrong.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score

Did you just put Italy on a list of consistently top 3 nations?

Yes, I did.

Consistency means over time not just the last 2-3 years. By that measure even Brazil has had a bad stretch last 24 months. Every team will have so so periods but look at the results in major tournaments over time . Tell me another country you would rank behind Brazil and Germany. Counting World Cup wins, second places and top four finishes. Add Euro championships, runner up and top four finishes in that tourney. Copa America has to be discounted a bit because they run it so often and SA only has three good teams at any one time.

Go ahead - try. I don't expect a response because there isn't one.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Guys like Gary Neville may not know Serie A, but he knows the game better than 99.9% of the world, and he's a surprisingly good analyst.

Again, I think this final will be a snooze fest. Italy is not that good. I have watched Italian teams from 1982 until today and this team is not in the league of some of the better Italian teams. So I repeat I do not believe the final will be a great game. Perhaps I will be wrong.

Burton, you are the anti-Neville :nodding:

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I did.
Consistency means over time not just the last 2-3 years. By that measure even Brazil has had a bad stretch last 24 months. Every team will have so so periods but look at the results in major tournaments over time . Tell me another country you would rank behind Brazil and Germany. Counting World Cup wins, second places and top four finishes. Add Euro championships, runner up and top four finishes in that tourney. Copa America has to be discounted a bit because they run it so often and SA only has three good teams at any one time.
Go ahead - try. I don't expect a response because there isn't one.

It's only run every four years, just like the other major tournaments. 4-year cycle = World Cup, Copa America, EuroCopa, Confederations.

ESPN has been quite on their game during the tournament in this regard. You'd think that every single lady in Eastern Europe was at least a 7.

They were hard pressed though during the Russia and Poland games... :hide:

Mark Anthony

Reaction score

It's only run every four years, just like the other major tournaments. 4-year cycle = World Cup, Copa America, EuroCopa, Confederations.

Yes, now it is. Though from 1987 through 2001 it was every two years, then a three year stretch now every four years. From 1916 through the early 60s it was almost yearly for much of that time, maybe a two year break now and then.

So when one looks at total titles you need to take that into consideration. Is that fair?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, now it is. Though from 1987 through 2001 it was every two years, then a three year stretch now every four years. From 1916 through the early 60s it was almost yearly for much of that time, maybe a two year break now and then.
So when one looks at total titles you need to take that into consideration. Is that fair?

Ok, yes - had forgotten about the old setup.

Eye candy for any other players - snapped a pic of my boot collection for Soccerbible's Friday Fan Gallery. Nerdy, yes, but love me my boots! (and this is SF, after all...)

Nike WC2010 CTR Maestri Elite
Nike Tiempo Legend III, custom blackout
Adidas Adipure I
Miadidas F50 Tunit
Adidas F50 Tunit

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Burton, you are the anti-Neville :nodding:

Sorry, Romafan, Italy aren't that good. 0-0 against England??? Everyone, including Italy, knows how Spain will play on Sunday. The question is can Italy stop them. This is a really boring question.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling Balotelli was due for a good match. Both teams played good, Germany need to tighten up, their attacking style leaves them exposed. Italy beat them to the punch and scored first, they played well though so im not feeling too bitter about it.

One thing i dont agree with is Germany's starting squad. Podolski wasnt playing well all tournament. Schurrle and Reus played well, shouldve went with them imo. Bastian wasnt at his best either. Defense made a couple of mistakes. Lahm's was uncharacteristic in messing up the offside trap on 2nd goal but Badstuber i feel always has a few of those gaffes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads