• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
Rooting for Portugal but only cuz i can't stand Spains way of play..I ve been saying it's boring for some time.Hope the winner from Germany-Italy wins the whole thing.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope Spain pulls out a win today. I would like to see Spain and Italy in the finals.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As much as I don't dislike Spain as a national side, I'm sick of pundits and fans trying to convince me that their style of football isn't boring. The fact that so much ink has been spilled over this issue is a good indication that Spain's deliberate style really is, well, boring. For that reason only I'd like to see the Portuguese hit them with an early goal and then have Spain open up their game a bit to catch up. The outcome matters less to me than the show.
The only team I can't stand that's left is Italy. They can get bent.
:lol:

dufferin1

Reaction score
Not a fan of Spain's style of play and i'd like to see Portgual win. Unfortunately will miss the game as I work 8 am to 7 pm today.

Oleg

Reaction score
Not sure why Spain are accused of being boring when everybody else lines up against them with a flat back ten. No doubt Portugal will try and do the same and hope their wide players can catch the Spanish on the break.
When Rangers played Barca a few years ago we 'parked the bus' and astonishingly earned a 0-0 (they horsed us in the away league but such is life). We we're slated for using 'disgraceful' tactics by pundits and the media, in spite of having a team costing less than John Terry spends on lawyers. Now it seems it's just accepted if you're playing Barca or Spain you shut up shop, pack your own area and try and snaffle something on the break, no matter how apparently talented (and expensively assembled if it's a club) your own team is.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the various reports, Portugal are "claiming" they want to play an open game against the Spanish, retaining possession themselves, etc. Not sure how much I buy into that, but agree that I want a Portuguese upset.

tullytra

Reaction score

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spain has won trophies and Portugal none...

Even if I hate Ronaldo , I would like to see in the final.

I'm also bored by the Barcelona style of play...

It is interesting with Messi and with him only.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SALUDOALOSTROS EUROANALYSIS 2012 A continent in economic turmoil (the useless bottom half of the continent, at least) decides to duke it out on the football pitch, while showing the rest of the world they really have their priorities straight! Semis Saludoalostros Predictions

[COLOR=666]27/06[/COLOR]

trans.gif

trans.gif

As long as Portugal can get the ball away from Spain, I hope to see Ronaldo and Nani goals. Spain is overarrated

[COLOR=666]28/06[/COLOR]

trans.gif

trans.gif

[COLOR=666666] [/COLOR]

ESP 1

[COLOR=666666]vs[/COLOR]

3 POR
[COLOR=666666] [/COLOR] [COLOR=666666] [/COLOR]

DEU 3
vs

0 ITA

[COLOR=666666] [/COLOR]
No way...

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I cant imagine Spain/Portugal game going scoreless for the full 90 minutes... especially at the current pace.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Portugal showing some real quality. Very impressive making Spain look uncomfortable.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worst referee ever ..

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah - that advantage not given to Nani was ridiculous.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Soccer

AAs someone of dutch descent, who am i supposed to hate more?

Sent from my Vox using Tapatalk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads