• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

so im turning 21

The_Jar

Reaction score
I'm turning 21 on saturday feb 13 and I'll be in nyc with about 25 friends (some not 21, but all over 18) What kinds of places would you recommend to keep the attention of some of my non 21 friends, but is a fun, nice place all around. I may go to cheap shots first to do a truck bomb *drinks are free on your 21st*. any suggestions?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Down low strip club!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redtree00
Jekyll and Hyde.

I just walked past this place today for the first time and it looked like a joke for tourist types. You may enjoy it.

The_Jar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I just walked past this place today for the first time and it looked like a joke for tourist types. You may enjoy it.

k then this is 1st on the list, incase its too scary, what are some other suggestions

laughwithm3

Reaction score
my suggestion would be , dump your under 21 friends, and go to a club
to be honest, i never understood the hype about turning 21.
if you are the out going type, you'd have a fake ID long before you are 21. if you aren't, well, turning 21 doesn't mean much to you anyway.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughwithm3
my suggestion would be , dump your under 21 friends, and go to a club
to be honest, i never understood the hype about turning 21.
if you are the out going type, you'd have a fake ID long before you are 21. if you aren't, well, turning 21 doesn't mean much to you anyway.

+1. Seriously..if you are coming into the city, get rid of the under 21 friends. It will be a buzzkill when they are not allowed in anywhere you want to go. I don't get the 21 thing either! But if you must, just find a place in Greenwich Vil or a cool restaurant.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter where you go because one of two things will probably happen: you will have a lame night with a few drinks and go to bed early, or you will drink so much that you will be unable to remember a single thing and will wake up covered in vomit in the back of a cab or an alleyway.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
It doesn't really matter where you go because one of two things will probably happen: you will have a lame night with a few drinks and go to bed early, or you will drink so much that you will be unable to remember a single thing and will wake up covered in vomit in the back of a cab or an alleyway.

Very few alleyways in NYC. Cab more likely.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go out for a decent dinner with your sub-21 friends and go out for drinks with your plus-21 friends after.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I've never been ID'd at a nightclub in NY or even at a bar.

That is very strange. You must go to bars that are targeted towards the above 30 crowd or are generally empty pubs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads