• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

CelliniEVO

Reaction score
Curious what other brands you guys can recommend for a thin, basic cardigan? I've got 2 Starks I love, but want something thinner for warmer weather. Not really digging the sns alters and want something without metal buttons.

Thanks for any help!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Curious what other brands you guys can recommend for a thin, basic cardigan? I've got 2 Starks I love, but want something thinner for warmer weather. Not really digging the sns alters and want something without metal buttons.

Thanks for any help!

I like my old Rag & Bone ones, but not sure how newer ones are.
Scott & Charters
Howlin' by Morrison (hit or miss depending on season)
W + H for cotton fleece ones
Uniqlo gets mixed reviews as expected: cuts are slim, prices are dirt cheap, but they aren't exactly built to last.
Club Monaco on sale are solid. I have some pullovers that have a nice hand and a slim fit. They pill a little but it's not bad.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like my old Rag & Bone ones, but not sure how newer ones are.
Scott & Charters
Howlin' by Morrison (hit or miss depending on season)
W + H for cotton fleece ones
Uniqlo gets mixed reviews as expected: cuts are slim, prices are dirt cheap, but they aren't exactly built to last.
Club Monaco on sale are solid. I have some pullovers that have a nice hand and a slim fit. They pill a little but it's not bad.

I own a Rag & Bone cardigan from 1 1/2 years ago and it's starting to pill a little bit. I love the styling (though I changed the buttons) and wear it all the time, but I wish it were higher quality.

I also own a Johnston's of Elgin, 8-ply cashmere cardigan that I bought from STP about 5-6 years ago and it's terrific. It's soft yet very durable and shows virtually no signs of wear.

Last edited:

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Ion cardigen in oxblood from Roden Gray yesterday and it's great!. It's very warm, the color is great, and the weave is fantastic. Although it probably goes best with jeans or cords, I'm wearing it today with charcoal gray flannel trousers (and burgundy shoes), to bring out the gray in the melange yarn.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
awesome. im wearing mine today as well. easily one of my favorites both in style and color

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my favorite color is oxblood mix and favorite knit is the moment cardigan. not sure if they made one exactly like this. please let me know if they did..

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Moment is underrated. I got the Navy blue mix of the pullover sweater and it's a fantastic, slim fitting knit. Fits like a true large at XL. Substantial but not too thick and the bubble knit is very eye catching.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
That's the Memento. I know one place you can get it if you're looking for a size large in navy. :spam:

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the Memento. I know one place you can get it if you're looking for a size large in navy. :spam:

What's the sizing like on the Memento?

I'm a Large in the Stark (newer fit), the Large Emergent sweater is a tad big, and the Large Fisherman sweater fits me great, and the Medium Ion cardigan is a good fit.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Moment is underrated. I got the Navy blue mix of the pullover sweater and it's a fantastic, slim fitting knit. Fits like a true large at XL. Substantial but not too thick and the bubble knit is very eye catching.

I was hoping to be able to find one when sales happened but I missed the Mr. Porter window (of aprx 6 minutes) and didn't see many other options. Now I've sort of given up...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads