• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next planned purchase:

1008104_full.jpg

Babel cardigan

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ that looks great. im eyeing the emergent in either colorway

ion today in L. wore the old fit stark in xl and didnt realize how much i like the longer fit for colder days

Carson

Reaction score
Couple of things:

First, I want to echo the very slim fit with the new stark. I am 6' 1'' and a very skinny 155lbs, and I have an old navy stark that is 4 years old in medium that I have plenty of room in, yet it still looks good. I just bought a new navy mix stark in medium, and I thought I'd bought a small by mistake. I looked at the tag on the sweater and on the store tag, and it said it was medium, but damn was it tight! I mean, it was long enough everywhere, but I was getting a good squeeze from it - it was like skinny jeans for sweaters!

I've been on the fence as to whether to keep it or not because of that. I guess it will relax a bit with wear. So, it you're anywhere near my height and weight, I'd say at least a medium in the new stark depending on how you like to wear your sweaters, but possibly a large. If you're more muscular and thicker, you're probably looking at XL.

Secondly, my beloved old stark is kind of getting hole-y (holy?) and falling apart a bit -- I live in a major city (San Francisco), so do I just bring it to a good tailor for repair?? Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old Stark is best Stark. I wish they would bring back the longer length, it's critical for colder weather.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys just need to size up, I'm 6'2", size 40, and my XL is plenty long.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couple of things:

First, I want to echo the very slim fit with the new stark. I am 6' 1'' and a very skinny 155lbs, and I have an old navy stark that is 4 years old in medium that I have plenty of room in, yet it still looks good. I just bought a new navy mix stark in medium, and I thought I'd bought a small by mistake. I looked at the tag on the sweater and on the store tag, and it said it was medium, but damn was it tight! I mean, it was long enough everywhere, but I was getting a good squeeze from it - it was like skinny jeans for sweaters!

I've been on the fence as to whether to keep it or not because of that. I guess it will relax a bit with wear. So, it you're anywhere near my height and weight, I'd say at least a medium in the new stark depending on how you like to wear your sweaters, but possibly a large. If you're more muscular and thicker, you're probably looking at XL.

Secondly, my beloved old stark is kind of getting hole-y (holy?) and falling apart a bit -- I live in a major city (San Francisco), so do I just bring it to a good tailor for repair?? Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

I just got a second-hand Stark in the old fit that had a hole in the sleeve, I sent it to Reweavers USA and it's being fixed now. I'll report back here once it's finished.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SF'er @NOBD posted a before and after of a repair on his old stark. Job well done, can't recall if he did himself

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was it his wife or his longtime gf? Lmao I don't know why I even suspect that but NOBD is a sophisticated man with good taste, she is remarkable no doubt. Where to find woman like this?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was it his wife or his longtime gf? Lmao I don't know why I even suspect that but NOBD is a sophisticated man with good taste, she is remarkable no doubt. Where to find woman like this?

: ) 26 years not married with the same gf, NAMOR. Yes, she did the repair.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Took a gamble on this Ideal hoodie from Gravity Pope tonight.
3457_0_1_1024.jpg
3457_0_2_1024.jpg
40% off + another 30% once you put it in your cart...about 110 usd before shipping. Only size L left. http://www.gravitypope.com/clothing/product/3457-sns-herning-240-3420m- Just hope I don't end up looking like this dude from Frans Boone:
IMG_551463.jpg
I think that will look solid. I have that Naval hoodie in ocean blue mix (no stripes) and it's awesome. I got a Large, which I'd guess is right for you (we are about the same height/weight). That Frans Boone guy needs to stand up straight. And do maybe run a little.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads