• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Small guy woes

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am a small guy with a neck measuring 14". I'm not sure if there is some thread out there that would help me in my search but for all the nice menswear shops with shirts I would like to purchase, the smallest they go is 14.5".

I know there is MTM but at this point in my life, I prefer RTW. Shops such as Sid Mashburn, BB, etc, smallest sizes are 14.5".

Could you guys point me in the direction of a site with nice shirts with sizes for such a tiny asian boy?

Thanks.

Poindexter

Reaction score
I have a 14" neck, and I don't have any trouble buying shirts. Don't buy by size, try them on. A lot of the ~midline shirts, like Perry Ellis and such, fit me quite well. If the shirt is just a little big, I dry it in the dryer down at the 'mat to bring it down. All cotton shirts will shrink a little over the first couple few washings.

Try stuff on.

kdv10

Reaction score
Try brooks brother extra slim shirt in size 14.5/32. This is the smallest they go, but it is darn fitted and snug. most shirts in this size still fits like a tent, even if they claim fitted.

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.
I guess I'm mainly talking about dress shirts. Shirts with a 14.5" collar do not fit me in the neck and i'm wanting something I can button all the way up. No matter how well the body fits me, I'm looking for that 14" collar because that's commonly sized with 36 chest, too.

WRAdviser

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am a small guy with a neck measuring 14". I'm not sure if there is some thread out there that would help me in my search but for all the nice menswear shops with shirts I would like to purchase, the smallest they go is 14.5".
I know there is MTM but at this point in my life, I prefer RTW. Shops such as Sid Mashburn, BB, etc, smallest sizes are 14.5".
Could you guys point me in the direction of a site with nice shirts with sizes for such a tiny asian boy?
Thanks.

Rubinacci

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Why don't you use NextDirect dot com. I see they have mens shirts right down to size 14 as well as 13.5 in some ranges of their formal shirts, I am sure this will help you a lot. You are welcome to PM me if you want. :D

mrpo0nani

Reaction score

Brooks Brothers for Children (Not a joke)

Good idea...don't have to pay VAT on children's clothes either?

Damn, didn't even think of this. Thanks. I live a few steps away from a BB, i'll go check it out.

Why don't you use NextDirect dot com. I see they have mens shirts right down to size 14 as well as 13.5 in some ranges of their formal shirts, I am sure this will help you a lot. You are welcome to PM me if you want. :D

Alright cool, thanks!

mrpo0nani

Reaction score

I don't see why any point in your life would make you prefer shirts that don't fit over shirts which do.

When did all RTW automatically fit worse than MTM? There's also cost advantages. That is why I am asking what names carry my neck size because they usually fit and there's always possibilities of sales. And those shirts that don't fit quite right in the body, I can get tailored for a few extra dollars.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads