• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slim fitting cords?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobinbridge
Brooks Brothers Milano cut is really slim IMO, nice fabric and woven in France - so says the tag.
These sound interesting, I may have to try them.

tobinbridge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
^^ Beat me to the post. I haven't had any experience with these, but I'm very tempted.

Originally Posted by JayJay
These sound interesting, I may have to try them.

Wearing a pair now, and glad I tried them. I would say without measuring they run slimmer then incotex.

You should be able to find these on sales sometime during the year. Better quality then the JCrew I was wearing previously, but not as good as BoO. Though they are at a entirely different price point.

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Milano cut is really slim IMO, nice fabric and woven in France - so says the tag.

Milano is a really nice, slim cut. The leg opening is in the 8-8.5" range for a 32W, and the rise is about 10", IME. This is from last fall's models, so they may have changed the pattern.

water

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Classic Fit cords and a pair of Classic Fit chinos from JCrew online. Ordered both in the exact same size but for some reason the cords are nowhere near as slim as the chinos. Anyone else have the same problem?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by water
I bought a pair of Classic Fit cords and a pair of Classic Fit chinos from JCrew online. Ordered both in the exact same size but for some reason the cords are nowhere near as slim as the chinos. Anyone else have the same problem?
Yes, I bought a pair of the classic cords this past weekend and actually sized down. My regular size in the cords was much more full than my chinos in the same size.

balaskonis

Reaction score
i went on brooks brothers site tho and i can't seem to find chords in a milano fit...just chinos...but to you that have these chinos, you're saying they are as slim as incotex? in the thigh and knee as well?

Chim12

Reaction score
The Milano cords are very slim and have a low rise... they we're less than $50 this spring when BB had their huge spring sale. Don't see them in the fall catalog, too bad as they're a great pair of pants.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have three pairs of Milano cords and four pairs of Milano chinos. Love them.

The cords are very nice

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by balaskonis
i went on brooks brothers site tho and i can't seem to find chords in a milano fit...just chinos...but to you that have these chinos, you're saying they are as slim as incotex? in the thigh and knee as well?

Milano cords are here.

Incotex are all over the map, but I'd say they're not quite as slim as the slimmest of Incotex (9.5" rise, <8" hem, etc.), but they're definitely a slim Italian cut.

balaskonis

Reaction score
gap authentic fit...i bought two pairs, liked the colors they had, and the fit is flattering, not painted on. on sale for 35 bucks each too!

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not sure of the terminology...

but are the wide cords for an old man? and the thin cords for a younger person?

i purchased a pair of those milano cords from brooks brothers (purchased online) and cannot determine if the cord width is too old man style.

this is my 1st pair of cords, so i dont have a frame of reference.

opinions? thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads