• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

ctkim

Reaction score
the seat does look a little baggy, but i think it's fine. i have found my alphas to shrink a little bit after washing them so i think the fit will improve a little after a wash.

InHocSignio

Reaction score
Chino cloth by definition is made from cotton or cotton/synthetic blend, not wool.

For a long time I've been wanting what I mentioned above, but didn't know how to describe it. Then I came across this listing from Norse Projects, where they call the trouser a "wool chino":

It is close to, but not exactly what I want. It doesn't have as rough a fabric as I want, as detailed from photo 3, nor the tweed flecking.

lyxicon

Reaction score
J crew 484s fit me well but they suffer from an extreme case of pocket flare. I'm afraid to sit down in them
smile.gif
Any alternatives?

lorem3k

Reaction score
Does anyone know some good chinos that have a leg opening that's less than 7 inches flat in a size 29 or 30 waist? The only nice pants I have are a pair of N&F Skinny Guys, which fit well above the knee but are too roomy at the bottom. Levi's 508s fit me well but I'd like to pick up something a little nicer (quality/fabric-wise)

Nicolai

Reaction score
Any advice for chinos/khakis that fit like Nudie's "Khaki Tight" model? (Which is based on their Tight Long John jeans) Nudie's webshop has been sold out for ages, so I was thinking that I'd try out some other brands while I wait for them to restock.

Dapper Edition

Reaction score
I wear Incotex from Slowear, their RED line makes outstanding kind of "wool" chino's.

Check it out on www.slowear.com and they also sell it at www.mrporter.com.

I don't know if they sell the ones I mean, but you can try.

Good Luck!!

noobedloser

Reaction score
How can you distinguish the quality in a pair of chinos especially the material they use (ie. cotton)? Are quality chinos usually thick or heavy? I can't decide between 2 chinos that I bought. One is a bit thin and feels a lot smoother and the other is thick and unsmooth

lyxicon

Reaction score
Which brands come in fixed inseams (33/34''+)? I'm looking for 29waist 34L slim fit chinos under 100$. UNIS was mentioned here but $150 is a little steep for me.

Leather

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of Docker's Alpha khaki chino's in all sizes and colors. $25 a pair if anyone's interested!

I've sized down 1 for a slim fit or TTS for a baggier and relaxed fit and they've fared well over 10+ washes.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got a bunch of Docker's Alpha khaki chino's in all sizes and colors. $25 a pair if anyone's interested! 

I've sized down 1 for a slim fit or TTS for a baggier and relaxed fit and they've fared well over 10+ washes. 

Size down? wow, when I tried these things on they were damn slim to begin with.

Funny enough in Canada the smallest size they had was 30 in the waist and it fit me spot on, normally brands like J crew and Club Monaco I'm a 28 in but it's because it's vanity sized.

I'm interested in the gray color in size 28x32 if you got. I"m going to try them on again in store Tuesday (tomorrow is a holiday) to verify if the sizing is correct

Leather

Reaction score
Size down? wow, when I tried these things on they were damn slim to begin with.

Funny enough in Canada the smallest size they had was 30 in the waist and it fit me spot on, normally brands like J crew and Club Monaco I'm a 28 in but it's because it's vanity sized.

I'm interested in the gray color in size 28x32 if you got. I"m going to try them on again in store Tuesday (tomorrow is a holiday) to verify if the sizing is correct
I feel like they are a bit vanity sized. I usually wear a 32 waist and the 31 fits me well. But yeah just shoot me a pm anytime!

theh00d

Reaction score

Do you have olive moss or rifle green in sz 28?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads