• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

rokr32

Reaction score
i bought a pair of alpha khakis (30x32) when they were on sale on Boxing Day.. I still haven't washed them (i've been traveling) but i'll post after i do to see if they shrink or not. And I was between the 29, 30 and 31 waist, but just got the one in the middle.

TDOT

Reaction score
Nordstrom is having their 50% off mens sale online. Alphas are going for 29.99.

konadog

Reaction score

I have seen that Epaulet manufacturers their chinos in Los Angeles, and that Unis is moving production there. Does this mean they are produced at the same place? Any idea where either chino is produced? It would be interesting if they were indeed manufactured at the same place.

these are very different pants - different fabrics, different cuts. as long as both continue to be of the same quality they've been you can't go wrong buying either.

K2793

Reaction score
Are there any alternatives to the alpha khakis that have a similar fit and price point? Just curious, having a hard time finding the size I need in them and wouldn't mind just getting something else if its close to them

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the GAP extra slim fit chino's?.. well khakis.. On the website it's called the lived in slim khaki but on the tag in the store it says extra slim fit.

I tried on two sizes.. 28x30 and 30x32

30x32 the length fit perfect but the waist is too big. The 28x30 the waist is perfect but the length is too short. I guess I'll go with the 30x32 and take in the waist. My buddy works at Banana Republic so I'll get a 50% off :slayer::slayer:

K2793

Reaction score
I tried on the lived in khaki and didn't find it slimming at all no taper felt straight. Is that the one you're talking about?

Gap offers 40% off so frequently because the quality I'd nowhere near worth full price. Same with banana republic.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried on the lived in khaki and didn't find it slimming at all no taper felt straight. Is that the one you're talking about?

Gap offers 40% off so frequently because the quality I'd nowhere near worth full price. Same with banana republic.

Those are the ones. I have the Tailored fit khakis from the gap and they're regular work horse pants. I'm also waiting on the alpha's to go on sale as I'm not going to pay $75 for them. Well they're $75 at the Bay in Canada

K2793

Reaction score
Is the J Crew Urban Slim a very slim chino? I'm having trouble finding something that fits me well. I ordered some Alpha Khakis in 29x30 and even those are loose on me and not flattering at all. I have 20" thighs and 14" calves. I hate how everything feels baggy. Anybody have a recommendation? Lower price would be ideal but open to anything. I'm small (130lbs) so it's hard for me to find a staple chino that I can wear daily in several colorways.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No they are not. Alphas are slimmer. Try the JCrew 484 cut.

sleu

Reaction score
the Jcrew 484 is a way better fit than the Urban Slim. I find the Urban Slim way too big in the thigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads