• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

claerion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Got fit pics? Was contemplating kopping those

Wondering the same thing myself. Just picked up some gray's and like the idea of the chinos.

Would they fade much or at all?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bananagrabber, your avatar/name are hilarious. Arrested is, hands down, the best comedy of all time.

I've been strongly considering kopping Saturday Surf's slim chinos, they look really quality and are at a reasonable price point:

http://www.saturdaysnyc.com/item/dora-chino-pant

Anyone have any experience?

Unkempt

Reaction score
I received the WG selvedge chinos last week and I'll try to get some fitpics up within the next few days. I'm a 30 in my black selvedge WGs and decided to go with the same size for the chinos. They were really tight to begin with but after three or four days of wear they've almost stretched to a comfortable size around the waist.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can probably get crappy cell phone pictures up next week when it stops raining (WTF raining in May). I picked the N&F up in an effort to resist the RRL ones... we'll see.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd just like to give a little run down with my cheap slim chino experiences:

Urban Outfitters: I generally loathe this store but you can find a few good pieces here occasionally from the house brands or the other brands they carry. Usually the quality is not so great.

JCrew: I was wearing these for a while but it's not really slim enough in the seat and thigh.

Rugby: I picked up a pair of these today and I'm impressed with the fit. The quality does not seem on par with J Crew. Some of the little details are missing like buttons on the back pockets. Still I think they are pretty decent and slim fitting. I tried them on side by side with the same size in J Crew pants and they fit much better. The J Crew billowed around the thighs and seat.

Dockers d1: As mentioned before, slim in the seat and thigh but no tapering at all. You will have to get these tailored.

Dockers slim tapered: Got a good deal on these at Urban Outfitters. Fits really well. Quality seems OK.

One more note to all. I've made it a habit to bring a miniature tape measure with me when I shop. Most brands do vanity sizing so to be absolutely sure of your sizing its best to bring a tape measure with you. There have been times I've bought pants that I thought were not made slim enough but the real big issue was I wasn't getting my right size.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cheap chinos:
I have a couple of pairs of Gap Tailored Fit (slim) that I wear for golf. Fit isn't too bad and I don't care if they get dirty.

As far as the N&F fit pics, haven't worn them this week as it's still raining in Cali... in May...

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kensington

JCrew: I was wearing these for a while but it's not really slim enough in the seat and thigh.

Rugby: I picked up a pair of these today and I'm impressed with the fit. The quality does not seem on par with J Crew. Some of the little details are missing like buttons on the back pockets. Still I think they are pretty decent and slim fitting. I tried them on side by side with the same size in J Crew pants and they fit much better. The J Crew billowed around the thighs and seat.

Dockers d1: As mentioned before, slim in the seat and thigh but no tapering at all. You will have to get these tailored.

Dockers slim tapered: Got a good deal on these at Urban Outfitters. Fits really well. Quality seems OK.

Not only are the jcrew chinos a bad fit in the seat/thigh, but the pocket flare on them is insane. probably the worst i've ever seen on any slim chinos.

Also regarding the D1's, I've found that they have different sizing even within the same model line. While a lot of pairs have no taper, I found a few in stores that were actually well tapered at the leg, and they weren't the SF taper or wader fits but just a standard D1 fit. The waist sizing is also way smaller than tagged for some reason. So many inconsistencies and no distinguished labeling both online/in-person makes finding a well fitting pair OTR a headache.

I got some of the LEC slim fit in the mail yesterday to try on for sizing, fit is pretty good except for the pocket flare which is a dealbreaker for me. not as bad of a flare as jcrew's chinos but still pretty bad. The waist fit is also 1 size larger than tagged.

Gap still has the best fit of any sub-$100 slim chino's I've found, it's a shame the material isn't a bit better quality and that they only offer one wearable color. Even then, the british khaki is a bit too uniform looking which is why I'm trying to find something in a lighter shade. I've been meaning to try out Rugby though, will probably be the last pair I try before looking in the $100+ range. Does the waist fit TTS?

Mr. Bananagrabber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Bananagrabber, your avatar/name are hilarious. Arrested is, hands down, the best comedy of all time.

fistbump.gif
Hell yea!

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito

I've been strongly considering kopping Saturday Surf's slim chinos, they look really quality and are at a reasonable price point:

http://www.saturdaysnyc.com/item/dora-chino-pant

Anyone have any experience?

Saw them, but I think -- for my $$ -- I'll spend another $20-30 and get another pair of MiUSA rivet chinos from Epaulet. These are imported from somewhere.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by b-ewing
Anyone have experience with the Epaulet chinos? I'm between a 33 and a 34. Can't decide which to go for. Anyone selling

Well, they're great -- definitely a slim fit that's more appropriate for an office environment IMO. I'm going for the 12oz next fall if they're stocked.

As for sizing, I would say go for the smaller of the two. But why not just order both and return the one that doesn't fit?

dEX

Reaction score
Anyone know how Topman's pant sizes fit? I'm a 28 waist and usually get a 29, otherwise it feels too tight when I tuck a shirt in. But Topman has no odd sizes and I'm not sure if a 30 would be too big.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screw Topman, dude. I got a pair of their skinny fit chinos, in my normal size, and the rise was like 8" or something ridiculous. It felt like Conan had a vice grip on my nuts. I let my gf try them on and they fit her perfectly, and she's slim. They're cut for women, or eunuchs, don't bother.

Rant over!
biggrin.gif

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dockers has 30% off using code Friends. They're on perma-sale on the website at $35 so i got 2 for 25 each + shipping.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HerbeWilk