• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

ironduke

Reaction score
Please tell me if shiny twill fabric chinos lose the sheens with washes and wears. I am interested in buying those chinos instead of washed chinos.

Last edited:

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of 28x30 Docker's Alphas in smokey aqua that I'm thinking about selling. It's in mint condition and still has some sheen to the fabric. PM me if you guys are interested.

ohyoumad

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying Club Monaco's, what's the rise like? I've tried the LEC chinos and they were too tight through the thighs/rise area.

MCanavan6

Reaction score
I bought 2 pairs of the BB Milanos (one regular and one lightweight). I like the fit of them but they are too dressy for anything other than the office. I am looking for a pair of chinos I can dress down and stumbled on the J Crew 484 and Urban Slims and was wondering how the BB Milanos fit compared to these two?

mabl

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Dockers D0 on an overseas trip - coming home I realized I should probably have bought a couple more as they are a great fit, slim fit without being too tight. However, I can't seem to find any store that sells Dockers D0s, nor can I find anywhere to buy them online. Is this an old model that's no longer made and if so, does anyone know of any online store that still stocks them? I found a description of them on eu.dockers.com that describes the D0 as extra-slim...

Any help would be much appreciated

mabl

Reaction score
Went to Dockers Malaysia and looks like they might be called Razor Slim

"Dockers® has continued to slim up the fit offerings with the slimmest fit within the brands portfolio – the D0 or Razor Slim that sits slightly below the waist and remains slim through the seat and thigh."

MrNovember2nd

Reaction score
I tried on the J.Crew 484 fit at the NYC Liquor store today: great slim fit. They were true to size, a real 32x30 that fit me great around the waist and that I won't have to get tailored. The fit is slim through the legs and crotch and knee bottom leg, with no taper at the end.
I've been trying to find an affordable good rtw cotton slim fit chino for a while and this looks like, after one wear, like it fits the bill. Although I liked Bonobos cotton washed slim fit for the summer (they felt like they weren't even there, it was like I was wearing shorts) these 484s are great for the winter. I'll be wearing these in for the next week then probably going back for some more colors later this month.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on the J.Crew 484 fit at the NYC Liquor store today: great slim fit. They were true to size, a real 32x30 that fit me great around the waist and that I won't have to get tailored. The fit is slim through the legs and crotch and knee bottom leg, with no taper at the end.
I've been trying to find an affordable good rtw cotton slim fit chino for a while and this looks like, after one wear, like it fits the bill. Although I liked Bonobos cotton washed slim fit for the summer (they felt like they weren't even there, it was like I was wearing shorts) these 484s are great for the winter. I'll be wearing these in for the next week then probably going back for some more colors later this month.

I have had good luck with the Banana Republic Emerson's and they can be found on sale for somewhere in the $50's range.

Vastrm Darren

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I bought a pair of khaki chinos from H&M yesterday. Although they are only sized by the waist, the length was pretty good. Probably one of the better options of chinos in the $30 category.

theh00d

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of Dockers Alpha Khaki in Olive Moss (28x30)

or does anyone know any alternative?

ohyoumad

Reaction score
Looking at the Dockers Alpha Khaki along with the Unis. Unis are 30% off now for the next few days. Are they worth the extra $80? What are the differences in the Skinny Unis and Alphas? What about the rises?

I'm assuming the Regular Unis would just be a slim/straight cut, even though they look about the same as the Skinnys on the site. Thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

uninkco

Reaction score
^ Just ordered 3 pairs of the Unis Skinny and from what I've seen and read is that the fabric quality and construction is far beyond that of any Dockers. Full waist curtain, etc.

I started my slim chino purchases with Alphas because they were "hard wearing" but after an entire year of rotating 6 pairs of Alphas, I took the leap and purchased Unis. Khakis is pretty much my uniform for work so definitely worth the extra $ in my opinion.

Azhar

Reaction score
Hi guys! First message here. I ordered 2 pairs of Alpha Khakis from amazon.
At that time they had only W32 and W34. I knew 32 was too tight for me so went for 34. W34 L34
Problem is that the dark ones (Baja) are just a bit larger in waist and length than the British Khaki ones.
Now I checked on Amazon and they have W33 L 34 in stock. But I have never tried it and don't know if it will be ok
I am 6.3 and 85KG. The real waist measurement of the khakis is no 34 but 35-36. But I am worried If I return and get them and they are still not good to size. I think they will be good on waist but I don't know about the leg and thigh opening.
What I don't like now, the loose fit at my bum, because of the waist being to big,I like it to be more tight there. I like how slim they are on my legs (i.e not cigarette skinny, relaxed).
Or do you think they will shrink after wash? From what I heard they will also get loose after wearing.
Can you please give me an advice? Or better some measurements of the thigh and hem for a W33?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
novasty