• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

subtleStyles

Reaction score
Anyone have good experience with Skoaktiebolaget shoe trees? I just got a pair of 9 UK's and they're too big for my Carmina Inca in 9UK, Tricker's w2298 in 9UK, and Allen Edmonds 65 in 10D. What are they supposed to fit?

They're lightweight (I got the travel version) which would be good since I travel and well constructed but I can't make use of them...

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have good experience with Skoaktiebolaget shoe trees? I just got a pair of 9 UK's and they're too big for my Carmina Inca in 9UK, Tricker's w2298 in 9UK, and Allen Edmonds 65 in 10D. What are they supposed to fit?

They're lightweight (I got the travel version) which would be good since I travel and well constructed but I can't make use of them...

The regular trees fit true to size, but the travel version is larger. I sanded them down to fit my shoes. I think Skoak catches it when they ship shoes with the trees, but the online sizing or description should probably be updated.

loxo

Reaction score
I've been looking over the selection of Carmina shoes and noticed the increase in models using tärnsjö leather. I know nothing about it. It looks burly like shell but some kind of like scotch grain? I am terribly intrigued by it. Can anyone comment on what to pair it with, how it holds up, how/if it takes a polish, and generally their experience with it?

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What colors are you guys planning on wearing those St James with? Got a pair waiting for me at home and trying to plan

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I've been looking over the selection of Carmina shoes and noticed the increase in models using tärnsjö leather. I know nothing about it. It looks burly like shell but some kind of like scotch grain? I am terribly intrigued by it. Can anyone comment on what to pair it with, how it holds up, how/if it takes a polish, and generally their experience with it?

I have a pair from last year, worn them a lot through snow, mud and slush and really bad conditions. It's thick as shell. It creases in rolls a bit like shell. The leather itself is bovine that has been milled (I'm not sure this is the English word). It's proper vegetable tanned leather. The grain is supposed to be natural from the milling. It holds up amazingly well, even after getting salt stains and stuff on them. It's a rugged boot and I wear it with heavy cords, denim, tweed etc.

Resonator

Reaction score

I have 2 pairs .... 1 boot and 1 shoe in Carmina tarnsjo leather and they are great. In real life the colour is amazing ..... deep .. rich. And it will take a shine if that is want you want. I look forward to other colours in this leather.

andrel42

Reaction score
Thank you for wonderful service Skoaktiebolag
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
This bad boy is some thing else in real life. Worth every penny !!! St James 2 Pearl Grey !!!
Woo hoo !! Superb !!! Enjoy !!!!

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Thank you for wonderful service Skoaktiebolag :slayer: This bad boy is some thing else in real life. Worth every penny !!! St James 2 Pearl Grey !!!

Man - this looks a whole LOT better under this kind of light and darker than I expected (which is really good.) I really regret not pulling the trigger on this one :-(

Anyways congrats on the awesome kop!

agedashidofu

Reaction score

I also just got mine today.

These came out absolutely stunning and like all the other pairs I got from them I cannot find any fault on the shoes whatsoever. Thanks a million to Skoak for the super excellent service!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@agedashidofu Thanks and wear in good health. Glad we could secure the very last of that Kudu for our clients. It's all gone now and we'll most likely never see anything exactly like it as the leather was from a source that's no longer around. There's some stuff left but not of a quality that G&G would use.

agedashidofu

Reaction score

@agedashidofu Thanks and wear in good health. Glad we could secure the very last of that Kudu for our clients. It's all gone now and we'll most likely never see anything exactly like it as the leather was from a source that's no longer around. There's some stuff left but not of a quality that G&G would use.

Wow - I didn't know that.
Seriously one of the best purchases I've ever made then!!!

jrb666

Reaction score

I like all my G&Gs, Lobbs, EGs, my recently acquired besteguys from Aubercy, and all the others in my wardrobe.

But I like these the most.

The make up is just inspired.

Has there ever been a better GMTO?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kudus @Leaves, because I just have to say my St James in kudu and calf have to be one of if not my favorite pair of shoes. I still look forward to my next two Kudu pair of shoes and boots which are on the way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads