• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Corthay is too aggressive. Bestetti would be awesome, Bemer is a good guess, and I know Leaves is a huge fan of Meccariello; one his favorite pairs is by AM. I'd have to dig it up but that shoemaker is a true artist.

My only concern would be production capacity. I think AM would have the smallest volume compared to other makers Skoak carries. But he does have a RTW line he does for the Japanese market.

Oh! A Japanese maker would be a nice change in aesthetic.

And I believe what was said about Bemer is true: I was in Florence recently and recall several Japanese students at the leather school, and Bemer had a showroom there.

Bemer's system is both admirable and practical. Their shoemaking course provides a source of revenue for them, and also trains up new shoemakers (in the same vein) who might hopefully join their ranks after they "graduate". Ensuring they can continue making quality shoes and that the skill is passed on.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh from Sweden (via FedEx)... and just in time for Christmas... EG Rosewood CC Aderley boots on 202 last...

Great choice! I have a pair of the Alderley on the 202 last as well, but mine is in Gold Delapre!!!! It is an amazing boot from EG!

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great choice! I have a pair of the Alderley on the 202 last as well, but mine is in Gold Delapre!!!! It is an amazing boot from EG!

I am considering that gold delapre also for a galway or another boot. Can u please post some pics of your boots when you get a chance to see the color?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but if anybody can speak to Zonkey Boot, that would be awesome! Their two eyelet derby and jodhpur are some sorts lovely.

hedonist222

Reaction score
Hello gents

I'm interested in either EG Inverness or GG Hayes.

I generally wear size 10UK/11US.

But:
My left foot is slightly longer than my right -half a size

&

Tall feet - from my feet soles to the vamp area is sort of high

Zzen

Reaction score
X-posting a request from the EB thread for some in the wild pics of their Vitello Etrusco. There is a pretty wide range between the models in etrusco on the website.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!

Whatever new brand Skoak is bringing in my Christmas wish is for them to do something similar with how they introduced us to EB last year. Yey!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am considering that gold delapre also for a galway or another boot. Can u please post some pics of your boots when you get a chance to see the color?

No problem. I posted these a while back so here they are!

Last edited:

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problem. I posted these a while back so here they are!

Thank you. Very nice shade of brown, exactly what i am looking for. Just wanted to make sure of the color IRL bc sometimes the "glamour shots" from the store can change how the color looks.

Now on to decisions: alderley or galway in gold delapre?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mw313

Nice Alderly! Looks like 82 last, am I right?

Gents,

I've noticed on some pics of well worn Rosewood CC boots that the leather appears to smoothen out with wear. I think it was NAMOR's Rosewood CC Galways on 64 last; although I'm certain those have seen a ton of wear.

Love seeing Rosewood or Mahogany CC on the Alderly. Pure sex.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads