• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

striker

Reaction score
I've always wondered what they do to shoes after they do this.
goodyearwelt.jpg

Now I know.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you who have never visited our lil' shop, here is a link where you can take a virtual tour. Many people are surprised how small our store really is when they visit. :D

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who realizes that Skoak's Carmina prices are lower than Carmina's Carmina prices?

Admittedly, it's a $5ish difference, but, considering the price hike was (at least somewhat) due to what I would consider, from all I've read, to be whiny US retailers, I think that is a realization that we should most definitely be giving Skoak our money.

Clearly, that goes without saying, but it doesn't hurt repeating in my view.

urban

Reaction score
Nothing beats the exhorbitant price differential that Asian customers typicall pay in stores across Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who realizes that Skoak's Carmina prices are lower than Carmina's Carmina prices?

Admittedly, it's a $5ish difference, but, considering the price hike was (at least somewhat) due to what I would consider, from all I've read, to be whiny US retailers, I think that is a realization that we should most definitely be giving Skoak our money.

Clearly, that goes without saying, but it doesn't hurt repeating in my view.
I think Carmina is happy selling through retail channels rather than direct though. At least from what I have heard third hand.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Carmina is happy selling through retail channels rather than direct though. At least from what I have heard third hand.
I totally agree.
I think that some retailers, SkoaB included, have done a really, really good job making their shoes much more accessible and "known" to a wide customer base. In fact, I think a very good portion of their sales comes from these very retailers.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Base price for the style plus any surcharges (exotics, modifications, etc.) and then add 15%. I'm gonna post a USD price list for Bonafè next week. Basically, all Bonafè prices will remain the same as the SEK ex VAT prices as Bonafè has a very hands off, free market aprroach to RRP. Good news for non-EU clients in other words.

I think it's really cool that Bonafe adopts this approach. It tells me that they are probably more interested in making quality shoes rather than applying a firm stranglehold on all their retailers to enforce a very fixed price.
Indeed, quality will speak for itself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads