• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

dlind

Reaction score
Gaziano & Girling St. James II pre-order in Vintage Chestnut

This is a pre-order for Gaziano & Girling St. James II in Vintage Chestnut. Gaziano & Girling has recently changed their St. James patterns, but this style will be made up using the old St. James II pattern. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/25-pre-order-deposit-st-james-ii-chestnut

• Style: Gaziano & Girling St. James II
  • Last: MH71 in E-width
  • Material: Vintage Chestnut (as pictured)
  • Sole: Single Oak Bark leather sole, natural sole edge
  • Price ex VAT: 7040 SEK
  • Price inc VAT: 8800 SEK (for clients within the EU)
  • G&G lasted trees: 1200 SEK / 1500 SEK (ex/inc VAT)
  • Deposit: 25%, final payment before shipping. Shipping will be free of charge if you order the lasted trees to go with the shoes, this puts you over our 8000 SEK limit for free shipping.

If you require a different width than E, please make a note of this in your order comment. Also make a note if you wish to include lasted G&G shoe trees or not (highly recommended). These will be billed on your final invoice.

The deposit 1760 SEK ex VAT is 25% of the full price. The remaining 75% will be billed through before delivery. Delivery is planned for March 2015. The full price is 7040 SEK (8800 SEK ex VAT for clients outside the EU). Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to other orders.

Pre-order closes December 12. If you add G&G lasted trees, the shipping of 300 SEK will be subtracted from your final payment. Delivery expected late March.
@Leaves How different is chestnut compared to cedar? Am I right in thinking it's considerably lighter? Need to try to convince myself that I need this shoe as well as the vintage cedar Cambridge I already picked up from you
baldy[1].gif
Any plans on doing a preorder for a St James II in a more business colour, e.g. vintage rioja, vintage Oak?

Dieg0

Reaction score
I was wondering, since it is boot time and we have seen a lot of classic models come by, if anyone would be interested in something less convenient.

Because of budget reasons my attention goes to the carmina GMTO offer of skoaktiebolaget. More concretely I would like to know if you guys would be interested in a balmoral boot in burgundy calf and (dark) blue calf.
To convince you that the colors are a match made in heaven I'll post this

If leave it up to you to choose which part you want in burgundy and which in (dark)blue, I have a slight preference for the lower part being in Burgundy.
Also carmina brought out a different model this season

where the modification would be to put speed hooks for the last four "holes".
I am also fine with the classic model

but I would like to get rid of the cap toe and instead have a medallion and bragging between the upper and lower part.

If I find nobody I'll wait and go for MTO myself.

A last word about the sole, the climate here doesn't allow me to wear leather soles very often, so I would go for rubber ones and I thought of the Victory soles skoaktiebolaget has on carmine's jumper boots. It is not much thicker than dainite, but is by far more solid.

And the last, well I think Robert would be fine, but we could consider the forest last too.

lovingcup

Reaction score
Im up for doin some crazy balmoral! Especially if its on the robert last.

The blue/burgundy combo is pretty neat.

What do you think about the u-cap balmoral with blue upper and burgundy lower? Austerity wise with the upper leather sewn over the under leather (usually the other way around)? No cap and a medallion is ok for me.

Dont you think a balmoral could be better with a dressier rubber sole? The victory feels heavy.

Hope we can do this.

MRMstl

Reaction score

Im up for doin some crazy balmoral! Especially if its on the robert last.

The blue/burgundy combo is pretty neat.

What do you think about the u-cap balmoral with blue upper and burgundy lower? Austerity wise with the upper leather sewn over the under leather (usually the other way around)? No cap and a medallion is ok for me.

Dont you think a balmoral could be better with a dressier rubber sole? The victory feels heavy.

Hope we can do this.

I'm keen on the idea as well. Didn't quite understand all of the specs in the OP. definitely would prefer dainite to victory.

buckeye00

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a quick in the wild pic of the burgundy Enzo Bonafe jumpers / derby boots I received on Friday. I wore them for the first time on Saturday for date night with the wifey and they were spectacular. I normally take a size 7 UK / 8 US. These were 7 UK and were a perfect fit on the first wear. Great depth of color on the leather and they look great with denim. I just need to decide if I should keep a shine on them or build up a patina with no shine. This was a great opportunity to take advantage of the strong USD!

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great in the wild - @Leaves I think maybe you should start photographing some of the shoes being worn on actual feet :)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thought I'd share a quick in the wild pic of the burgundy Enzo Bonafe jumpers / derby boots I received on Friday. I wore them for the first time on Saturday for date night with the wifey and they were spectacular. I normally take a size 7 UK / 8 US. These were 7 UK and were a perfect fit on the first wear. Great depth of color on the leather and they look great with denim. I just need to decide if I should keep a shine on them or build up a patina with no shine. This was a great opportunity to take advantage of the strong USD!
Great, wear in good health! Jumpers always look better in the wild than in product shots. And as Justin says, please remember we have a pre-order for this exact style but in Col.8 Horween Cordovan: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/colle...25-pre-order-deposit-enzo-bonafe-col-8-jumper

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the major differences fit wise between Enzo Bonafè's 946 and 2102B lasts? Is it the higher instep of the latter? Could you compare the fit/instep height of 2102B to another shoe maker/last? Vass' U-last is regarded as having a high instep. Is EB's 2102B on par with the Vass' U-last when it comes to instep height?

I find the last extremely appealing in some pictures, while it looks to long in others. Ergo, I can't decide if I should give it a shot.
Awesomeness: http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/86/900x900px-LL-86cea6af_image.jpeg
Clownish: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-64npw-n_O3o/U0Geqx-4kVI/AAAAAAAAAMc/6x2toN6QJPc/s1600/IMG_2064.jpg

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What are the major differences fit wise between Enzo Bonafè's 946 and 2102B lasts? Is it the higher instep of the latter? Could you compare the fit/instep height of 2102B to another shoe maker/last? Vass' U-last is regarded as having a high instep. Is EB's 2102B on par with the Vass' U-last when it comes to instep height?

I find the last extremely appealing in some pictures, while it looks to long in others. Ergo, I can't decide if I should give it a shot.
Awesomeness: http://cdn.styleforum.net/8/86/900x900px-LL-86cea6af_image.jpeg
Clownish: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-64npw-n_O3o/U0Geqx-4kVI/AAAAAAAAAMc/6x2toN6QJPc/s1600/IMG_2064.jpg

Please e-mail us for fitting advice.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads