• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know he's just screwing around but this type of crap has pretty much ruined CE:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/381297/ukraine/40_20#post_6971981

Oh I don't know if I can get behind that. The decline of CE seems to be no different than the rest of the non - fashion section of SF. That is, disinterest and lack of posting by a lot of members who were worth a damn.

I see a lot of good people still on here, but that critical mass of posters willing to put time into posting with a degree of thought and sincerity is long gone. What we have left is a self - referential corps of 25 of so folks who are probably friends on social media outside of this website.

At that point the activity of the regulars on SF itself becomes kind of redundant.

But the point is that rather than any kind of lunatic opinion on CE, this site's decline probably owes more to the influx of new b - type threads in fashion. The sheer influx of new posters at some point polarized posters between the newbs and die hards... newbs didn't often venture into the lifestle/CE threads, the die hards stayed in touch via channels outside of the SF website, and that left a lot of people getting sick of the same of **** in Places like CE.

At least that's my perception.

Is the general perception even that the non men's - style sections of the forum have been in decline? They definitely seem less dynamic to me, an occasional poster, but this isn't anything i can back up with data.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Piob and I keep CE going, we are the best posters on this site I don't know where the hate comes from.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This thread was originally created to allow moderators to explain why a specific decision was made, and made a lot of sense when the site was much smaller. Even at that time, this type of thread was exceedingly rare, anywhere. It has evolved to become a general banter thread, with occastonal useful comments and legitimate complaints. Since the thread has outlasted its general usefulness, I prioritize my time accordingly, especially since I am on the mend from serious surgery.

If you have a problem with me, take it up on private. One rule remains sacrosanct, which is that mod or admin gets called out in public. You yell at the bartender, you get kicked out of the bar. I'm going to let this one incident slide, because you' ve always been an okay member and general **** disturber. But don't take this as license.

Also, I am going to change the name of this thread to reflect its new reality. "Member complaint support group" is my idea, but I am open to suggestions.

Don't follow this thread closely enough to know what's being talked about, but saw you mention you just had serious surgery. Hope you're OK, Fok, and recovering quickly. I imagine it's not fun.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Assuming the surgeon accomplished his goal, then the problem is recuperation. Since the physical body belongs to Nature, it is advisable to avoid those forces and activities which do not help the physical body recover. Unfortunately, sitting in front of an electronic device amidst electrosmog and various other pollution and poisons is contraproductive. Obviously, the best food is the opposite of junk, and without a better diat, the body will not be supported. High tech provides diagnostic sophistication, but if the patient doesn't have conditions to recover, he won't.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Reported up the chain. They are supposed to be blocking adverstitial entirely. 

@Piobaire
 can you tell me what part of the site you were on when it happened? That would help a lot.

Pretty sure I was in a sub forum and I clicked the upper left masthead to get back to the front page when it popped up. Pretty sure that's been the case each time.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got this pop up. im using chrome, on a mac, and i have ad block installed.

https://ar.voicefive.com/global/inv...&as=mm&recruitFrequency=1&grp=1&1394546529232

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads