• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's true for British English but the US has its own way of kickin' it (saying words) ♬ ♪ I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know my c's ♪ ♬

(In American English, you have to add a cedilha to make the c be pronounced like a k. And so it would have to be Çlaghorn.)

This can't be right. "Clang" is not pronounced "slang" although nary a cediha is to be found. Then again, you are a Rams fan, so expectations should be low. :)

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oftentimes they just make the cedilha so small to where you can't see it without a microscope. But it is there (the cedilha).

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we get rid of Hirsch please? He/she may or may not be a possibly terminally ill person who constantly ***** up threads and talks out of his/her ass. This poster still hasn't figured out how multi-quote works after much vigorous posting. Much like the entire Alden thread. It's pretty terrible to the point where I don't care if any of the illness stuff is true - doesn't give someone a free pass to be a moron. It's ruining the forum experience for a lot of people. Unlike most normal trolls, the posting has spread to almost every goddamn thread on the front page of SW&D.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I called her (Hirsch) out on it maybe a week or so back, and explained that constantly bringing up her credit card problems was off-putting to a lot of people. The illness thing too, which would otherwise garner sympathy, was being brought up constantly in such a way that even the most consistently considerate of members were saying to take it down a notch, or just straight-up putting her on ignore.

In response to me, she said she would focus on the clothes from then on, but today she was right back at it again complaining about how her ex-bf left her with a bunch of CC debt.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's also really annoying how she spouts off on tons of topics that she has no clue about (which certain other members that I also have blocked do as well). She finds a way to post in every single thread and necros seemingly unrelated threads.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's a Thomas Kuhn-type affair: eventually one group of posters dies out, then the group previously considered trolls gains seniority and takes over. It's the cycle of life. And there is no fighting it.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone will take action once she spends more time in CM. Until then, our plight is ignored.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
She posts as much as Stitchy - even with her on ignore it sometimes takes up half of every screen.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's probably insensitive or whatever but her pictures are kind of disturbing too. I don't come to SF to see the same person complaining about her myriad health problems and making asinine comments on EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When she posts in CM, do people say "wear in good health"?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You know that's only in the shoe appreciation thread, right?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not convinced that she is the actual person posting. I have a hunch someone found those pics on the internet and is trolling with them.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not. But even if it comes up with nothing it does not disprove the possibility.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads