• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
OK, since you got to tell your side and other members seem to think that's the way it happened...
  • I started a thread asking what members thought a jacket as worth in MC. I removed the FS link in my sig and stopped bumping it via price drops as at this point it became a threak and I was gauging whether or not to just keep it anyway.
  • I let it be known early that Butter was worthless (the other member that helped ruin that thread was banned) and it has since been proven that Butter is an immense idiot that adds nothing here.
  • Butter chased me around, taunting me, was viewed by you as "us chasing each other"
  • I was told to stay away from him (not sure what he was told)
  • PMs ensued
  • Butter commenced gloating, and continued gloating after I was forumbanned from B&S & posted here about it
  • I say F you and your dreams and aspirations, then edit my post because that was unbecoming and figured you are already a loser anyway based on your other poasts.
  • I got an idea to start a thread regarding SF restraining orders
  • You took it personally and got all emo
  • I get timed out based on the above
  • I PM you saying it wasn't a direct jab at you as you probably told other mods, but just an idea I got for a thread. You cried and stated here it was for a week when it was actually for a month.
  • I post under bigbris3-5 asking what I did to deserve this. Especially since much more egregious activity occurs here daily and I am not a noob. You instantly banned me. Yet Butter continued to gloat and run rampant with illogical and ridiculous poasts.
  • You squirrel my attempts to make things right between us
  • I email j who has really been the only mod here that has treated me with respect. I'm guessing either he was busy, took your word for it as a mod, just didn't care or was in jerk mode at that time. OK.
  • I do other things while awaiting bigbris1's timeout to expire
  • I reappear and say what I've said here
  • Your recount your views about what happened
  • Other members pile on without knowing the details in true brown-nosing-ooh-i'll-hand-fap-a-mod fashion
  • I post what really happened
  • You move to have me banned once and for all time (guessing here)
I can provide links (unless they have been squirreled) to support everything I have said here. Can you?

That all sounds well and good bris, but as I recall you give as good as you get, so again this victim pose once again doesn't hold water for me.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bris, the ONLY result of all this bitching is going to be a ban. Just shut the **** up and move on.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look fellas, we keep hearing about this bar analogy, right? So say we were all in a bar and another member said I called his girl a slut and slapped her and therefore should be kicked out of the bar. The bartender looks the other way not knowing if this was true and the patrons just believe this other member and called for my being kicked out.

I stand up and say, "yeah, I called her a slut but didn't touch her". I get kicked out because the bouncer doesn't like me anyway and has only heard a part of the story. The patrons that witnessed the whole thing stay silent until after I am kicked out and only then start attesting to the fact that my accuser is a proven idiot and speaks out of his colon.

But I am gone. No one is man enough to say, "you know, I saw what happened" because they're afraid of the bouncer and that the bartender will start watering their drinks down.

So, none of you think I should yell from outside the bar that I am not wrong and the decisions made were not well thought out? Or should I just accept the false accusations and go to another bar?

Not me. Imma go dust the burner off.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bris - I like you but honestly you seem to miss the most obvious point. That people here (the other patrons) don't really care that much about this story. It's a tempest in a teapot. Yes, Butter is a moron, yes he was instigating and you were reacting, but really - we just don't care that much. Not a matter of life or death, you know...

Can we get back to sipping our drinks and stop hearing about this day in, day out?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Can we get back to sipping our drinks and stop hearing about this day in, day out?

+1

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bris - I like you but honestly you seem to miss the most obvious point. That people here (the other patrons) don't really care that much about this story. It's a tempest in a teapot. Yes, Butter is a moron, yes he was instigating and you were reacting, but really - we just don't care that much. Not a matter of life or death, you know...

G, you know I think you're cool. But it's not you who are forumbanned from B&S lest a $300 steak and wine dinner on me for the mods. Nor was it you who were banned several times on the word of some [new] moron.

I find it hard to move on from that especially how the posts here come across. Especially when many of my posts supporting my case were deleted. I know you don't care. But for me, this sucks all around.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G, you know I think you're cool. But it's not you who are forumbanned from B&S lest a $300 steak and wine dinner on me for the mods. Nor was it you who were banned several times on the word of some [new] moron.

I find it hard to move on from that especially how the posts here come across. Especially when many of my posts supporting my case were deleted. I know you don't care. But for me, this sucks all around.

I'm sure it sucks - I was responding to your post above about the bar analogy and you complaining that witnesses and other patrons don't object more vehemently.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it sucks - I was responding to your post above about the bar analogy and you complaining that witnesses and other patrons don't object more vehemently.

Not saying you or others should print up & rock "Free bigbris1" t-shirts.

What I'm saying is some of the actions taken in these instances were energized by other members' prodding. FWIW, if 7 of the next 10 posts are, "bris, just suck it up or you'll get banned", I'll get banned. Whether or not I'm right or wrong. Understand?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LAGGGGGGGggg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying you or others should print up & rock "Free bigbris1" t-shirts.

What I'm saying is some of the actions taken in these instances were energized by other members' prodding. FWIW, if 7 of the next 10 posts are, "bris, just suck it up or you'll get banned", I'll get banned. Whether or not I'm right or wrong. Understand?

You do realize that is is pretty literally our house, and that we can kick people out of it for being really, really, annoying, right? I sorta like you (not sure why) but man, you can push it. I'm telling you, one last time, to STFU and move on. Or yes, you will get banned. Also, stop calling out Matt. If you knew us, you'd know that Matt is the most levelheaded of everyone.

As for the forum-ban, c'mon man, there have been people with legit excuses who have complained less. I usually give people a break (you still get a slap on the wrist, of course), but you're really approaching this with the wrong attitude.

Fok.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
LAGGGGGGGggg

I blame bris. Whether it's his fault or not.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads