• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silvano Lattanzi Appreciation Thread - Pictures, Impressions, Questions

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked a price list from 2 years from Lattanzi, somehow I thought the prices were cheaper.

Prices in EURO, incl. VAT, RTW models only!

1. shoes like moccasins are +- 2500€
2. Sneakers 2100-2400€
3. Dress shoes with patina (calf) 3875€
4. Dress shoes with patina & special upper (calf) 4400€
5. Norwegian stiching on sole = surchage 1000€
6. Alligator leather shoes start at 6000€

That does not sound right.
2 - 3 years ago Mr Lattanzi quoted me 18,000 euros for a norvegese crocadile shoe.

6000 euro for alligator???
You've got to be joking.
What top makers sell those skins for so cheap these days?
Cleverley does,
but the top boys are up near 20,000 euro these days.

There is this lady onb ebay who has been trying for years to sell these 75,000 GBP Lattanzi alligator boots unsuccessfully.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152395414628

asking price has gone way down,
only wants $25,000.00 USD now.

haloitsme

Reaction score
That does not sound right.
2 - 3 years ago Mr Lattanzi quoted me 18,000 euros for a norvegese crocadile shoe.

6000 euro for alligator???
You've got to be joking.
What top makers sell those skins for so cheap these days?
Cleverley does,
but the top boys are up near 20,000 euro these days.

There is this lady onb ebay who has been trying for years to sell these 75,000 GBP Lattanzi alligator boots unsuccessfully.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152395414628

asking price has gone way down,
only wants $25,000.00 USD now.
It's the price list I got from them.

Alligator starts at 6000€. They had in the catalog also alligator for 18K. Could be that he was referring to trim.

Anyhow, except for exotic, the prices were spot on.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably tough times as their Russian market undoubtedly collapsed which I reckon they sold a ton to

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably tough times as their Russian market undoubtedly collapsed which I reckon they sold a ton to

They also closed their Milan boutique recently and the New York one quite a while back.
Shoemakers are catching up and keen,
but Lattanzi seems aloof.
That being said,
Lattanzi can still make the good ones when he wants to,
he makes the best of the best imo.

The leather he uses for his soles are better than Rendenbach or Bakers,
it is a rare high quality leather difficult for most bespoke makers to access.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lattanzi at his best:

norvegese done properly
Lattanzi - 41074.jpg
Lattanzi - Monmartre 1.jpg

who makes shoes that look that good?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They also closed their Milan boutique recently and the New York one quite a while back.
Shoemakers are catching up and keen,
but Lattanzi seems aloof.
That being said,
Lattanzi can still make the good ones when he wants to,
he makes the best of the best imo.

The leather he uses for his soles are better than Rendenbach or Bakers,
it is a rare high quality leather difficult for most bespoke makers to access.

maybe hilarious pricing and gaudy designs are just going out of style. Sure what you linked is classic but a lot of stuff is just aimed at a very specific target group

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is something strange that has appeared on his website lately.
Really suspect IMO.

Lattanzi offer 1.jpg

a lot of stuff is just aimed at a very specific target group
Diverse shoemakers understand these things.
LObb does it,
Berluti does it,
Lattanzi does it.

An industry man who understands these things told me that is where the money is.
He said traditional shoes are a very small market.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Here is something strange that has appeared on his website lately.
Really suspect IMO.

View attachment 1864301

Diverse shoemakers understand these things.
LObb does it,
Berluti does it,
Lattanzi does it.

An industry man who understands these things told me that is where the money is.
He said traditional shoes are a very small market.
I talked to many many wholesalers and brands.

The issue is with "too classic", once you bought them you do not need them anymore. What do you want to buy next? The same shoe in dark brown instead of black? Calf instead of Croco?
These brands know what the customers want or believe they want and charge what they want. Why? Because there is no other that makes this style... It's like: you like: buy it. You do not: see you.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I talked to many many wholesalers and brands.

The issue is with "too classic", once you bought them you do not need them anymore. What do you want to buy next? The same shoe in dark brown instead of black? Calf instead of Croco?
These brands know what the customers want or believe they want and charge what they want. Why? Because there is no other that makes this style... It's like: you like: buy it. You do not: see you.

well if they’re closing shops it’s apparently not what customers want…

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was more of a general thing. The people that have shopped in Milan at Lattanzi were eastern European (predominately Russians) and Chinese. I guess Covid hit them hard.

you mean western sanctions and Chinese anti corruption measures? 😂

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was more of a general thing. The people that have shopped in Milan at Lattanzi were eastern European (predominately Russians) and Chinese. I guess Covid hit them hard.

Lattanzi is a huge name within a small group of people so it never had to advertise too much,
but it does not have the name of Berluti or Lobb.
It feels like its glory days have passed.
It charges such high prices and most people don't understand why so they go to other makers.
(just my understanding).

To me Lattanzi is worth the premium because:

1). they use the best materials
a) - the sole/heel leather comes from a tannery few bespoke makers have access to (Martin Tannery...surpasses Bakers and Rendenbach)

b) - the upper leather can surpass Hermes today because Lattanzi uses a large stock of vintage leather.
This vintage leather is special because the grain is tight (same as with Hermes) BUT the pores are less deep on Lattanzi leather so it makes for a beautiful leather you don't see on other shoes made today.
(Even Hermes leather can have those deep pores in areas that is uneven over the skin)
Lattanzi shoes polish up like glass with minimal work because the leather is so beautiful.

Also the lining leather is exceptional.

c) - the antiquing can look more natural and stunning IMO.
One pair me own look like old wood.
Just perfect.
Lattanzi woods 5.jpg

If you want the best of the best you need to pay the big money.
Not many people advanced enough to understand this.

best of best = leather quality - shoes that have a beauty that blends into environment (advanced people know about this)

Look at this:
norvegese done properly.
No big wide stitches used to attach upper to midsole like most other companies (vital waterproofing aspect that distinguishes real makers from cosmetic makers).

One eyelet derby

Other things

Lattanzi uniqueness

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a few pairs in fairly sedate standard designs - ankle boots, oxford brogues (though in red croc/gator) and a norvegese blucher. The quality is good, but they are still very much overpriced. The Japanese are really into Lattanzi, and Zintala.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lattanzi is a huge name within a small group of people so it never had to advertise too much,
but it does not have the name of Berluti or Lobb.
It feels like its glory days have passed.
It charges such high prices and most people don't understand why so they go to other makers.
(just my understanding).

To me Lattanzi is worth the premium because:

1). they use the best materials
a) - the sole/heel leather comes from a tannery few bespoke makers have access to (Martin Tannery...surpasses Bakers and Rendenbach)

b) - the upper leather can surpass Hermes today because Lattanzi uses a large stock of vintage leather.
This vintage leather is special because the grain is tight (same as with Hermes) BUT the pores are less deep on Lattanzi leather so it makes for a beautiful leather you don't see on other shoes made today.
(Even Hermes leather can have those deep pores in areas that is uneven over the skin)
Lattanzi shoes polish up like glass with minimal work because the leather is so beautiful.

Also the lining leather is exceptional.

c) - the antiquing can look more natural and stunning IMO.
One pair me own look like old wood.
Just perfect.
View attachment 1864770

If you want the best of the best you need to pay the big money.
Not many people advanced enough to understand this.

best of best = leather quality - shoes that have a beauty that blends into environment (advanced people know about this)

Look at this:
norvegese done properly.
No big wide stitches used to attach upper to midsole like most other companies (vital waterproofing aspect that distinguishes real makers from cosmetic makers).

One eyelet derby

Other things

Lattanzi uniqueness

there really aren’t any brands in the world that can exist without continuous attracting new customers….every brand continuously needs to recruit new customers to maintain sales.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads