• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rafatmit
For a while the picture of the second one (the blue two-button with patch pockets) wasn't loading, so it looked like there were two instead of three.

Ah, now there are four photos showing three jackets. When I looked there were three photos showing two jackets.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Yoyo and Beach Boy get nice Chan.

Honestly, I don't think it is the shoulder on yours...it's the collar. You can't shoulder pad your way out of your natural physique.

- B

Are there some physiques that don't work well with Chan? Parker looks pretty slim, is that a prerequisite?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
Are there some physiques that don't work well with Chan? Parker looks pretty slim, is that a prerequisite?

I don't see how this could be given the broad range of cuts Chan is willing and able to produce for its clients. I am unaware of a bepoke tailor that seems to have greater variety.

In PG's case, a closer collar fit...which I also think would produce more of a kink, or angle change into the shoulder, would mediate the impression of the slope going from the neck across the shoulder. A bit of wadding at the shoulder...which even softies like A&S and its diaspora use...might also help if he does not want to take that extra step into a more stiff and structured look (and feel, if you care about that) that shoulder pads would create.

Slim clients of average height with good posture and symmetry are going to be the easiet customers for whom to tailor, whether Chan or not.

I wonder if PG still has any shots of his Armani period that he can post for comparison.

- B

wmb

Reaction score
New items arrived yesterday. (Please ignore the low-ish rise chinos that make the jackets look too short/open. I was too lazy to put on the suit pants...also holding the camera seems to pull the coats up a bit.) Navy jacket is part of a suit. First detailed photo is of the P&H Glenroyal on the odd jacket pictured in the last 2 photos. The color is more like the first picture. Navy suit is Smith. Brown odd jacket is Smith Finmeresco

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Damn. FIt is spot on and the lapel roll is great. Buttoning point seems a smidge high, but what do I know. How many commissions have you had with Chan - and when did you order? Was this an early deliver or when estimated (I was told November - hoping to get my suits earlier).

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmb
New items arrived yesterday.

(Please ignore the low-ish rise chinos that make the jackets look too short/open. I was too lazy to put on the suit pants...also holding the camera seems to pull the coats up a bit.)

Navy jacket is part of a suit.

First detailed photo is of the P&H Glenroyal on the odd jacket pictured in the last 2 photos. The color is more like the first picture.

Navy suit is Smith.

Brown odd jacket is Smith Finmeresco

Nice ish!

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we need Foo
foo.gif
to show us how to make these fit and look better.

wmb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
^^Damn. FIt is spot on and the lapel roll is great. Buttoning point seems a smidge high, but what do I know. How many commissions have you had with Chan - and when did you order? Was this an early deliver or when estimated (I was told November - hoping to get my suits earlier).

these were ordered this summer on the tour -- my third commission. the estimated delivery was late oct early nov so it surprised me to see the box outside the door. the others were always on the later side of the estimate, never before like this...

I am very happy with the fit of these -- the others being a tad large out of the box. like I mentioned in the post, the pants I have on have a low rise which makes the buttoning point seem higher than it is... though I do like a higher button stance personally, just not as high as in these pics.

Pants are very good for a first attempt -- this was the first suit along with a tux.

bcate3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmb
these were ordered this summer on the tour -- my third commission. the estimated delivery was late oct early nov so it surprised me to see the box outside the door. the others were always on the later side of the estimate, never before like this...

I am very happy with the fit of these -- the others being a tad large out of the box. like I mentioned in the post, the pants I have on have a low rise which makes the buttoning point seem higher than it is... though I do like a higher button stance personally, just not as high as in these pics.

Pants are very good for a first attempt -- this was the first suit along with a tux.

Which cloth did you choose for your tux? I've been debating about ordering one from Chan and have received information about Scabal. l

quar

Reaction score
For what it is worth, as I don't have a photographer around, a crappy photograph of my first Chan order, a H&S Crispaire Navy Blazer. On my next order (likely a charcoal suit), I will ask for a slightly longer jacket, with a slightly lower buttoning point probably.

quar

Reaction score
Wears OK, but I have little experience with suiting fabric. I ordered this jacket on a whim, with minimal instructions to Patrick, other than the fact I wanted a light-weight fabric for the Australian climate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads