• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a question for you layering experts. I have a very lightweight aviator from EG that fits under a Bedford pretty perfectly. Is that a weird combo? It kind of looks like a liner/vest under the bedford.
To paraphrase Andrew Zimmern, thumb lookalike and occasional EG wearer, “If it looks good, wear it.”
After all, what is a jacket but a vest with sleeves?

falgfalg

Reaction score
eBs4aTJ.jpg

Ts3z8gE.jpg

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Anyone got some good fit pics of the Willy Post pants? Specifically the Charcoal wool homespun ones. I think this is the style I want, but not sure how they differ from Andover, for example.

No pics, sorry but the main difference is that Willy Post is a pleated pant where the Andover is not.
Willy is also tapered where the Andover (which replaced the Cinch Pant) has a fuller leg.
I'm sure others can chime in and help further.

JackFrost09

Reaction score
No pics, sorry but the main difference is that Willy Post is a pleated pant where the Andover is not.
Willy is also tapered where the Andover (which replaced the Cinch Pant) has a fuller leg.
I'm sure others can chime in and help further.

Much appreciated. Sounds like it could be a little baggy in the top block? I'm not particularly skinny so might actually be a good thing. Didn't realise the Andover was fuller. Good to know as I want something more tapered below the knee.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
The Willy is def roomier in the top block. I'd hesitate to call it baggy though. Its meant to be worn above the hips.
I think the Andover was EG's response to people finding the Cinch pant a bit too dramatically tapered in the leg since about SS16. So it has a fuller leg. Its still meant to compliment the suiting options for EG ie Andover jacket so I'd recommend trying it on in person if possible.

CrowShit

Reaction score
Much appreciated. Sounds like it could be a little baggy in the top block? I'm not particularly skinny so might actually be a good thing. Didn't realise the Andover was fuller. Good to know as I want something more tapered below the knee.

FWIW, I sized down in my Willy Posts. I take a 32 in nearly every EG I've come across but needed a 30 in the Willy P's.

JackFrost09

Reaction score
The Willy is def roomier in the top block. I'd hesitate to call it baggy though. Its meant to be worn above the hips.
I think the Andover was EG's response to people finding the Cinch pant a bit too dramatically tapered in the leg since about SS16. So it has a fuller leg. Its still meant to compliment the suiting options for EG ie Andover jacket so I'd recommend trying it on in person if possible.

Thanks again. I can get both so will try and send back the one that doesn't suit.

FWIW, I sized down in my Willy Posts. I take a 32 in nearly every EG I've come across but needed a 30 in the Willy P's.

Much appreciated. If you've tried the Andover do you find the same sizing with that?

evolsirhc

Reaction score
Thanks again. I can get both so will try and send back the one that doesn't suit.

Much appreciated. If you've tried the Andover do you find the same sizing with that?

I took my normal EG size for the Andover pants. They’re fuller than the cinch pants, but by no means are they baggy.

giand

Reaction score
I have the chance to grab the floral FW15 reversible coat in Small. I'm just a little tricked up in sizing because of the raglan shoulders. I have a Medium EG band collar that fits nicely (little wide and long in the sleeves), but adore the fit. I know EG's outers are a little big, so would sizing down be okay?

avantbored

Reaction score

The SS17 Willy's were really slim below the knee -- I had to get them let out to fit me (I'm almost always a 28 in EG). If you have skinny calves this may not be an issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads