• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vcrash

Reaction score

FW11 denim fatigues / FW12 19th C. BD / Birks

FW13 Lafayette / Unknown season type 5 jacket and shawl / 3sixteen / Gravitypope

Some looks from the last little while - my photos are... less than great.

lawlercon

Reaction score

(I know the photo doesn't really showcase EG, I just loved the focus on the SLP)

explorer jacket in nyco weather poplin
fw15 workshirt
navy bedford workaday cords
slp
s2w8 briefcase

Last edited:

CrowShit

Reaction score
@Beedub how does the aviator fit? I've had an eye on one for a while. I'm a S in shirts, and typically a M in bedfords.

dixonmanor

Reaction score
@shoreman1782 The bar I work at, Smuggler's Cove in SF, is a small but (almost overwhelmingly) comprehensive paean to rum in particular, with a heavy nod to Tiki bars past. The book is insane... It comes out June 7th, but my boss gave us all copies last week. I think there are about 100 recipes included, covering everything from early (think mid-1600's) rum punches, to regional and traditional drinks of the Caribbean, classic-era Tiki and Exoctic cocktails, and new stuff we've developed for the bar. It's also a deep dive into Tiki history, revival, how to build a home Tiki bar, etc. I think it clocks in at around 300 pages. It's pretty great, if'n yr into that sort of thing.

happyriverz

Reaction score
@shoreman1782 The bar I work at, Smuggler's Cove in SF, is a small but (almost overwhelmingly) comprehensive paean to rum in particular, with a heavy nod to Tiki bars past. The book is insane... It comes out June 7th, but my boss gave us all copies last week. I think there are about 100 recipes included, covering everything from early (think mid-1600's) rum punches, to regional and traditional drinks of the Caribbean, classic-era Tiki and Exoctic cocktails, and new stuff we've developed for the bar. It's also a deep dive into Tiki history, revival, how to build a home Tiki bar, etc. I think it clocks in at around 300 pages. It's pretty great, if'n yr into that sort of thing.

I went to Smuggler's Cove all the time when I lived in hayes valley from '11-'12. Glad you guys are still around and flourishing.

Beedub

Reaction score
@Crowshit I sized up, I'm a size L in pretty much everything in EG but I found the L to be a bit small all over. It's one of the only EG items that I've sized up on.

ingraman

Reaction score
Any issues with wear/fading for those who own EG NYCO ripstop clothes? I have an FW15 navy NYCO coat, and there's a bit of white spots/fading on the edges of the sleeves. Not sure if that's normal.

jlchau

Reaction score
Any issues with wear/fading for those who own EG NYCO ripstop clothes? I have an FW15 navy NYCO coat, and there's a bit of white spots/fading on the edges of the sleeves. Not sure if that's normal.

I think that's just how the fabric ages. I have SS 14 olive ripstop fatigues that are fading towards a white at the edges and where there is a lot of friction.

speaknoevil

Reaction score
I just purchased an EG flannel and it has loose threads at the gusset of the shirt. They seem intentional however, do people typically snip these off?

agvs

Reaction score
I just purchased an EG flannel and it has loose threads at the gusset of the shirt. They seem intentional however, do people typically snip these off?
They're supposed to be there. Run off stitching. Some old timey detail or something. I leave mine but do what you please. I think most people leave them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics