• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, @ManofKent
 , that's really good. I tried on those fishermans and, while i thought they are crazy good, could not imagine what to do with them. I love how simple and great your fit is.

Me, I got more shop coats ... x-post from WAYWT

Thanks.

The shop coat is a piece I'm regretting not jumping in on.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Idk, there's a lot of flexibility in terms of wearing a bedford You could wear it large in a more casual way like Abdul does here, or with a bit of cuff showing and a little bit cropped like with a more traditional jacket
In my opinion, Abdul is wearing the Bedford as it should be. The other, WRONG! The idea behind Bedford is relaxed, not a sausage skin.

HelloFello

Reaction score
In my opinion, both ways are right. If you take the "right size" that you wear for Bedford and take that same size to a Baker/Andover, you're gonna get that cropped and fitted look, and you take that same size back to a Bedford/Landstown(LDT) jacket, it'll feel a lot more relaxed in comparison. So essentially, there's no right way because all the EG blazers will give you different fits. I don't think that Daiki intended for any of us to size up or down within the different models in the same season/collection.
And in all honesty, there are some of us that may not be able to achieve that "right fit". Some of us that spends enough time in the gym that have over developed shoulder and arms will never be able to find a EG blazer that will sit relaxed on us without sizing up to a point that the blazer looks too long for our height.

Last edited:

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Indigo and Cotton model would look better, if he just unbuttoned it. Especially if it's a spring/summer look, an unbuttoned Bedford looks fine to me. I can understand wanting to be able to comfortably button a fall/winter Bedford, though.

It's about the overall vibe. Sometimes fitted may look better than relaxed, depending on the rest of the outfit.

HelloFello

Reaction score
Exactly, different models of the EG blazers are meant to fit differently. To lump everything into "skin sausage" is a bit much. It's like those people that we all know that goes around bashing on "hipsters" lol.

Beedub

Reaction score

The Indigo and Cotton model would look better, if he just unbuttoned it. Especially if it's a spring/summer look, an unbuttoned Bedford looks fine to me. I can understand wanting to be able to comfortably button a fall/winter Bedford, though.

It's about the overall vibe. Sometimes fitted may look better than relaxed, depending on the rest of the outfit.

Do you not think that the sleeves look far too short on him?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you not think that the sleeves look far too short on him?

I would definitely prefer the look with longer sleeves on that guy. His sleeve length actually bothers me more than the tightness of the jacket, but that's a personal preference.

I was really just commenting on the tight vs. loose styling of a Bedford. If you're going to go with a tighter Bedford, then I think it's better to keep it unbuttoned. Beyond the ability to hem Bedford sleeves very easily, I also think you also can get away with longer sleeves on a Bedford more easily than shorter sleeves.

Last edited:

LAtty

Reaction score
Obviously a personal preference, but I disagree with the above. I like the sleeves on the Bedford short.

NXNW

Reaction score
Nice timing on this sizing back n forth. I unfortunately just learned my Bedford order from Independence would be canceled since their last M was spoken for. They recommended a L but I already have this seasons baker and it fits perfect so I'm passing. I think your body type limits/opens up ways you can wear them. Being 6'1 170 keeps them sleeves short!

ramdomthought

Reaction score
unintentionally wearing something very similar to @cotton dockers

ss13 navy cotton bedford
workaday striped oxford
ss10 olive ripstop fatigues

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads