• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knight

Reaction score
^ Yep that's it! Those are the 3. Drove me mad trying to decide which to choose. In the end it was the red part that got me. Nice find Mike :)

nomad

Reaction score
deck jacket

8qrgzQx.jpg

gululv

Reaction score

Would you say this is too long for me? Obviously I can where it with a sweater as well. I got the arms shortened.

HelloFello

Reaction score
Personally I think all the EG blazers look the best when worn casually, so I don't judge it how I'd judge a formal blazer (where the blazer fall in relationships with the thumbs, etc.) With that said, looking at the picture without seeing how it looks compared to your entire upper torso and legs, I'd say it falls to the longer side, imo.

mbaum

Reaction score

Would you say this is too long for me? Obviously I can where it with a sweater as well. I got the arms shortened.
It's a Bedford, correct? The only rule with EG is that there is no rule. Some guys like it big and slouchy, some of us like it a bit more fitted (Me included). The picture might not tell the full story but it looks like you could also pull off one size down in it. EG jackets are usually a tad on the cropped side. But it all comes down to how you would like to wear it. If you feel good about the slightly oversized look, then all is good.

gululv

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! I got it off ebay. It didnt say which model. But someone told me its the engineer jacket. I am not sure myself.
Yes the oversized look is ok with me. Its perfect in the chest.could not have been more tight. I think it maybe works best with the neck rolled up and a sweater underneath.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They did a good job on shortening the sleeves. It looks a longish jacket - but it looks fine.

Dino19

Reaction score
^ I'm also in the fitted camp. It dioes look abit longish to me. But, more importantly, it's the image & identity that you wanna achieve. If you feel good & confident, that's good enough, IMO.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Baloon pants and EG x Vans. I've been wearing the kalamkari pants with either a plain t-shirt or the tan banded collar shirt. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
That's a great look and fit on those pants. If I owned them that is how I would style. How did you size them compared to how you size other EG pants?

soqueriaterum

Reaction score
That's a great look and fit on those pants. If I owned them that is how I would style. How did you size them compared to how you size other EG pants?

Thanks. It took some time getting used to. Even with a t-shirt, it´s a very daring look specially in the town I live in.

I wear 36 in all of the EG Pants I have, and M for Workaday chinos. I bought a M.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. It took some time getting used to. Even with a t-shirt, it´s a very daring look specially in the town I live in.

I wear 36 in all of the EG Pants I have, and M for Workaday chinos. I bought a M.

Mind if I ask what the actual waist measurement is? (I carry a few more pounds than you :embar:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads