• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

illiterate

Reaction score
TBB lookbooks were fantastic. Their 2017-2019 EG lookbooks rivaled EG's own, at least for me.
Honestly, I think they were much better at showing how you can wear & layer EG without getting a bit whacky like some of the official EG look books.

1671579720332.png

1671579782897.png

1671579792842.png

1671579937313.png

1671579943898.png

deeman

Reaction score
Is The Bureau Belfast less active or popular than they used to be? Their stock seems smaller these days. They stopped doing fit pics. And I think they have less collabs too.

I’m from Belfast, now living in London, but would be friendly with Gareth and Richie who both worked at The Bureau since I started shopping there back in 2006/7. They were heavily involved in developing the online store, doing a lot of the styling and fit pics ect. However, they left a few years back and opened up their own store
Is The Bureau Belfast less active or popular than they used to be? Their stock seems smaller these days. They stopped doing fit pics. And I think they have less collabs too.

I’m from Belfast, now living in London, but would be friendly with Gareth and Richie who both worked at The Bureau since I started shopping there back in 2006/7. They were heavily involved in developing the online store and doing a lot of the styling and fit pics. However, they left a few years back and started their own brand “Never Never” with a physical and online store selling more urban/street brands like Beams, Goopimade, Liberaiders ect.

I’m guessing both of The Bureau founders who now run the store never really replaced them when they left and this is why we don’t see as much as activity. It still is and always will be one the best menswear stockists though in my opinion.

illiterate

Reaction score
I’m from Belfast, now living in London, but would be friendly with Gareth and Richie who both worked at The Bureau since I started shopping there back in 2006/7. They were heavily involved in developing the online store, doing a lot of the styling and fit pics ect. However, they left a few years back and opened up their own store

I’m from Belfast, now living in London, but would be friendly with Gareth and Richie who both worked at The Bureau since I started shopping there back in 2006/7. They were heavily involved in developing the online store and doing a lot of the styling and fit pics. However, they left a few years back and started their own brand “Never Never” with a physical and online store selling more urban/street brands like Beams, Goopimade, Liberaiders ect.

I’m guessing both of The Bureau founders who now run the store never really replaced them when they left and this is why we don’t see as much as activity. It still is and always will be one the best menswear stockists though in my opinion.
Is a guy named Paul one of the owners?

deeman

Reaction score
Is a guy named Paul the new owner?

Paul is one of the Co-Founders. He’s opened a smaller ‘Research’ store in Belfast’s Hill St called “The Bureau Hill St”, funnily enough :). You can find it on Instagram and I think he is mostly there all of the time while the other founder heads up The Bureau.

I was there last weekend for the first time as I’m back for Christmas. Some lovely garments for sure.

Last edited:

alain

Reaction score
Hello guys

hope everybody is doing well !

A quick message as im looking for some help.
I know this shirt (see below) is popular and Ive been wondering if someone could offer informations as to how it fits.
L will be too big for me thats for sure. Idk if I should go for S or M.
im 6'0 skinny and I usually like my s/s shirts to measure 22/23 p2p.

If someone is selling it, im all ears !

Merry christmas and happy new year.

1671749495015.png

Phullyman

Reaction score
Hello guys

hope everybody is doing well !

A quick message as im looking for some help.
I know this shirt (see below) is popular and Ive been wondering if someone could offer informations as to how it fits.
L will be too big for me thats for sure. Idk if I should go for S or M.
im 6'0 skinny and I usually like my s/s shirts to measure 22/23 p2p.

If someone is selling it, im all ears !

Merry christmas and happy new year.

View attachment 1870772

I would do a M. They fit oversized (I think M has a p2p about 23-23.5). But when you size down you risk it being too small in the shoulder and too short. With a lot of EG stuff you're better not sizing down and wearing it like how it was made.

I actually sent a M to @Ken P to consign. You can reach out to him!

coooaaat

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about FW22. Not much in the way of “memorable” pieces but I’ve bought so many basics (work shirts, cagoule, fatigues) that I think I have more FW22 than any other season. Super wearable stuff.

Interliner arrived and I dig it. my big head fits fine. i think the crop is a little less severe than in previous seasons, or at least it looks that way

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blackcheer

Reaction score
What about FW22 do you find disappointing?

I like the season's colour palette, as I mostly wear darker colours. I also like a lot of the materials, especially the moleskin, as I live in a colder climate. I'm not a fan of the changes made to the explorer shirt. But I'm a big fan of the latest variation of the overalls. I also like that there are wool sweaters this season, although I prefer them from other brands.

The theme is cheesy imo, but at least not cringe like SS22 (with pith helmets in the lookbook). Even as someone who lives in a seafaring community doused with lighthouses, I can't see myself wearing the lighthouse pattern or the other nautical ones. There's something off about them, for me at least, although I haven't put my finger on it.

I hope FW23 isn't as disappointing as FW22.

Last edited:

blackcheer

Reaction score
Based on that one image, which looks like an amalgamation of drawings already in the EG world, FW23 might be another woodland themed season, which I'm into. I hope that it's less thematic than FW22 and more focused on fabric and pattern, sorta like this upcoming SS23 season.

I hope FW23 isn't as disappointing as FW22.

illiterate

Reaction score
=
What about FW22 do you find disappointing?

I like the season's colour palette, as I mostly wear darker colours. I also like a lot of the materials, especially the moleskin, as I live in a colder climate. I'm not a fan of the changes made to the explorer shirt. But I'm a big fan of the latest variation of the overalls. I also like that there are wool sweaters this season, although I prefer them from other brands.

The theme is cheesy imo, but at least not cringe like SS22 (with pith helmets in the lookbook). Even as someone who lives in a seafaring community doused with lighthouses, I can't see myself wearing the lighthouse pattern or the other nautical ones. There's something off about them, for me at least, although I haven't put my finger on it.
Maybe I didn't phrase it that well. There are some nice fabrics (love moleskin, which was absent for a while from EG) but compared to previous FW seasons, I felt like it was much weaker. The move towards poly wools the past few years has been a bit disappointing too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads