• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hedfunk

Reaction score
Does anyone know what I have here? Is it a dressing gown? It's pretty thin, double breasted poppers.
IMG_20220108_175332.jpg
IMG_20220108_175403.jpg
IMG_20220108_174824.jpg

falgfalg

Reaction score
Hey I bought this sick suit that @Noochie posted in the trading thread.
52ED989C-9C24-497D-8FC1-22BB4BC48A36.jpeg

715A7403-9F5D-4EF4-8241-C3A77FFC6AFD.jpeg

I bought it as a possibly option for my wedding in the fall, but I’m worried it’s a little too casual. The whole wedding is definitely on the casual end (getting married in the woods in Sept). I’ll happily take suit recommendations for options that are maybe a tad more formal than this but don’t look like a “classic” wedding suit. @evolsirhc made a great recc with Todd Snyder already, still browsing.

aswan

Reaction score
...I’ll happily take suit recommendations for options that are maybe a tad more formal than this but don’t look like a “classic” wedding suit

Barena makes suit separates that I think have the kind of comfortable EG aesthetic (unstructured jackets), but are a touch more formal (more of a relaxed Italian sensibility). They make a ton of pieces every year, though, so hard to get a "suit" unless you purchase them at exactly the same time. But just for example: jacket, pants

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@falgfalg As someone who is planning on getting married in an EG suit, I think that sounds like fits the bill for the event but it’s ultimately up to you and what your significant other are going for. I managed to find an black velvet shawl collar suit from FW19 for mine so EG does have some more formal fabrics in their casual suiting options that might fit the bill for you. Definitely agree on Barena being a good option. Look into Camoshita as well - a bit more rakish than EG but definitely could be a cool non-traditional option.

falgfalg

Reaction score
@falgfalg I think it looks great, however as others have said it depends on what your significant other thinks ;)
Perhaps just buttoning up the top button of your shirt or adding a tie would help to make it look not as casual?

lol yes I should have specified that I won’t be wearing this shirt, it was just the one I had on when I took the pic.

i may still wear it: just considering more options, esp because I got this for a steal (only $200!)

evolsirhc

Reaction score
Agreed that the EG suit looks nice. I’ve worn my khaki andover suit to a ton of summer weddings and it never stands out as too casual. I definitely think a white OCBD and a tie would look nice.

Beedub

Reaction score
Sorry, I’m no good at taking photos:

1DACB9B5-35EE-4F0E-8935-AF046ABE0787.jpeg

AW21 Field Parka
Ancient cotton/ wool mix Dayton, no idea of the season, possibly early 2010s?
Reigning Champ hoodie
AW20 FA pants
Old Visvim (never dies) 7 holes

A grand total of 24 EG pockets and a measly 1 on the Reigning Champ.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kfsresht