• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I rock the corduroy, wife says I look like an OshKosh B’gosh kid from the 70s.

D789F8BE-6719-4A81-A756-9E980BD9B61F.jpeg

1613257361332.jpeg

blackcheer

Reaction score
For my wardrobe, the FA pants are my least favourite pants from EG’s recent catalogue. I love extra pockets and their maximalist and at times absurd look, but if I’m gonna veer from the classic three- to five- pocket designs for pants and the one- or two- pocket designs for shirts, the design’s gotta be on point, at least functionally if not also aesthetically and historically.

Living and working in the woods and on farms, where I gotta carry lots on me through the day, I’ve come to depend on these sorts of clothes. For shirts, some of my favourite designs include Sassafras’ feel sun shirt, Snow Peak’s field utility pullover, Nigel Cabourn’s Lybro big shirt, and of course EG’s work shirt. For pants, I like Sassafras’ fall leaf pants, and it’s hard to go wrong with cargos, at least practically. For jackets and vests, there’s all the upland designs from Filson to WWM to EG, Snow Peak’s takibi jacket, and even EG’s new explorer jacket. Although these days, I mainly wear NC dungarees or EG overalls over a tee or hoodie when working, and an Evan Kinori big shirt or bellow pocket jacket with orSlow 105 denim or regular fatigues when relaxing.

So functionally, the FA pants don’t hit the mark for me. I find the pockets to be oddly sized and placed, with too much weight in the upper thighs. And aesthetically, I think most outfits would look as good if not better without those pockets.

Of course to each their own, which is why I got a challenge for y’all who rock the FA pants: Show me what you got in those pockets! A few burner phones? Your extended family’s wallets? All of the chocolate bars? Show me how you roll in those pockets! Please and thank you

I hate my significant other’s FA pants ?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Show me what you got in those pockets! A few burner phones? Your extended family’s wallets? All of the chocolate bars? Show me how you roll in those pockets! Please and thank you

I think it’s interesting and kind of hilarious you’re depending on practicality from EG. The m65/BDU jackets are my most pocketed item, and I keep those closed because they look much cleaner that way. Other coats, I’m always stuffing full of classroom-related things, but trying to remind myself not to. My chambray Bedford pockets are all faded and fraying at the edges; others look pretty bad.

I’m hoping I can take the ones that look too bad for work and sort of patch them up with different materials for weekend use.

blackcheer

Reaction score
Hilarious?

I think it’s interesting and kind of hilarious you’re depending on practicality from EG. The m65/BDU jackets are my most pocketed item, and I keep those closed because they look much cleaner that way. Other coats, I’m always stuffing full of classroom-related things, but trying to remind myself not to. My chambray Bedford pockets are all faded and fraying at the edges; others look pretty bad.

I’m hoping I can take the ones that look too bad for work and sort of patch them up with different materials for weekend use.

wsumarine

Reaction score
For my wardrobe, the FA pants are my least favourite pants from EG’s recent catalogue. I love extra pockets and their maximalist and at times absurd look, but if I’m gonna veer from the classic three- to five- pocket designs for pants and the one- or two- pocket designs for shirts, the design’s gotta be on point, at least functionally if not also aesthetically and historically.

Living and working in the woods and on farms, where I gotta carry lots on me through the day, I’ve come to depend on these sorts of clothes. For shirts, some of my favourite designs include Sassafras’ feel sun shirt, Snow Peak’s field utility pullover, Nigel Cabourn’s Lybro big shirt, and of course EG’s work shirt. For pants, I like Sassafras’ fall leaf pants, and it’s hard to go wrong with cargos, at least practically. For jackets and vests, there’s all the upland designs from Filson to WWM to EG, Snow Peak’s takibi jacket, and even EG’s new explorer jacket. Although these days, I mainly wear NC dungarees or EG overalls over a tee or hoodie when working, and an Evan Kinori big shirt or bellow pocket jacket with orSlow 105 denim or regular fatigues when relaxing.

So functionally, the FA pants don’t hit the mark for me. I find the pockets to be oddly sized and placed, with too much weight in the upper thighs. And aesthetically, I think most outfits would look as good if not better without those pockets.

Of course to each their own, which is why I got a challenge for y’all who rock the FA pants: Show me what you got in those pockets! A few burner phones? Your extended family’s wallets? All of the chocolate bars? Show me how you roll in those pockets! Please and thank you

I regularly wear EG when working in my vineyards. The designs are enormously practical for most work situations - who couldn't use all those pockets?

I'm with you on the FA pants.

Beedub

Reaction score
I put absolutely nothing in the extra pockets in my FA pants, which is mostly down to the fact that we’re still in almost total lockdown here in the U.K. and so I’m not really going anywhere. But even when I can go ‘out’ out, I’m not going to be putting anything in them, I rarely, if ever use the additional pockets on cargo pants, it’s wallet, phone and spare change in the standard top pockets on my trousers, no matter what I’m wearing and anything extra will go in coat or jacket pockets, or a bag.

I buy EG because I like how it looks, it only has to function as far as keeping me from being naked and cold.

And I can’t help but echo noob in 89’s sentiments in response to blackcheer- I don’t see EG as a totally functional, utilitarian clothing brand, and doubt many people here do either, although I could be wrong. I’m not going to wear a £400 pair of trousers (not that I paid that much for them but that was full retail price of them over here) for gardening, even if they’re made of tough corduroy and have lots of pockets. There’s much more functional, practical clothing, that’s tougher, for less money, for those exact purposes.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Civil_style