• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoulder acne solutions?

allenpa5

Reaction score
I have always had a problem with this and until recently never was successful with treating it. All I do now is apply a face cleanser with salicylic acid generously over my shoulders and back (shoulder blade area) when I get in the shower. I let it just set there for a few minutes while I finish soaping up and then rinse everything off together. Really quick, really easy, really great results. I recently added a moisturizing body wash to my showering regiment which has helped even out my skin tone in that problem area.

Manic

Reaction score
I've been struggling with this problem for years. Nothing ever worked and I was getting pretty disapointed.

Then I came across a body wash that actually works for me. It's made by Boots, from their Botanics line. I can't remember what it's called but it's a toning body wash. It may even be called "Toning Body Wash". There are no beads in it, and it's a pretty thin liquid.

The Boots stuff is new to Canada, and the US, but has been around Europe forever. A friend who moved here from Ireland put me on the product line. I get it from the cosmetics counter at Shoppers Drug Mart. I think it was about $12.

The body wash comes in a small tube, and you only need a little bit. Throw some on a exfoliating sponge or puff and shower as normal. Dont over scrub.

I bought the stuff because I liked some other Boots/Botanics products, not because I was looking for something to clear my shoulders/back. It just ended up working really really well.

My acne is cystic, and I would usually get a large cyst every few weeks. Since starting with this stuff I have not experienced any, and have noticed a massive improvement in the existing stuff.

If you find the other stuff that has been suggested doesn't work. It can't hurt to try this stuff.

M

Jack Flash

Reaction score
you guys should try cetaphil's bar soap for sensative/dry skin

it clears you up in less than a week..back..sholders..face..its really good

JaCet

Reaction score
everyones info is decent.....but the hot water suggestion will prevent it.... not that hard

when your skin is dried out from hot water, it creates more oil to compensate... this causes acne

you can continue to shower in overly hot water and waste your money on products

or you can just turn the water to warm....
decisions.gif

Manic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaCet
everyones info is decent.....but the hot water suggestion will prevent it.... not that hard

when your skin is dried out from hot water, it creates more oil to compensate... this causes acne

100% correct

The over compensation of oil is also why you have to use really good (non-comedogenic) moisturizers

When I had really bad breakouts and oily skin I thought my esthetician girlfriend was nuts by telling me to use moisturizers because by over washing I was drying out my skin.

I guess she wasn't totally nuts after all.

nauqneyugn

Reaction score
What worked the best for me was Cetaphil (face wash) on the shoulders, exfoliation with a loofah and right after you dry yourself, a healthy dose of benzoyl peroxide.

Woo first post!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads