• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
So no thoughts on the Amiri Shane boots?
AMIF-MZ3_V5.jpg

I'm gonna end up buying them, and it'll be your fault if they suck, SF. :p

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard no

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think they’re terrible, too innoffensive for that, but feels strange to go kind of western with the pattern/stitching but not commit enough to evoke it. I’m sure they’ll look ok, but in my head amiri pricing is pretty high for what you’re getting

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i think those can be fine if you cut the tassel in the back. but then i dont understand why you'd pay amiri prices for what's a fairly standard zip boot. the only thing different about those are the back zip and front paneling

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look ugly imo but who am I to judge

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After going through so many black derbies, black side zip boots you come to the realization that one pair will do. It’s literally the same shape over and over. Trying to look for the perfect black side zip is an exercise in futility. The designers get you by adding one small detail and your OCD gets the best of you. Season after season you tell yourself you need a new pair of black bluchers or side zip boots without realizing you have shoes unworn, kept stowed away in your cubby. Then it’s too late when you realize that you’ve been duped.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
For me it's the colors and materials.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Eh, I like the shape, the low heel, and the back zipper. Definitely paying aftermarket prices, not Amiri retail prices.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another "no". They aren't great in themselves. And then if somebody asks, you have to admit you're wearing Amiri, and that just makes things worse.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Trying to look for the perfect black side zip is an exercise in futility.

im going for the perfect pair of black side zips right now. getting a pair of bespoke ones through a former lobb lastmaker.

photo of my boots pattern being cut right now. leather is unobtanium horse leather from the soon-to-be-closed clayton tannery

49590862_997444363713191_7679130520053422809_n.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im going for the perfect pair of black side zips right now. getting a pair of bespoke ones through a former lobb lastmaker.

photo of my boots pattern being cut right now. leather is unobtanium horse leather from the soon-to-be-closed clayton tannery

View attachment 1125673

You would

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads