• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camoshita suit separates— the drawstring trouser kind of forces you to wear a knit instead of a proper shirt, which I’m not opposed to, Just wondering how versatile you think this would be and what colors would you wear with this kind of grey/brown? Cream, burgundy, tan, black jump to mind.
54C9FAEA-8778-4CC7-A0F4-79A41BD931B3.jpeg
145745EB-BDC2-44ED-8E77-92ADAA7A2AD5.jpeg

HollyJoint

Reaction score
I need a casual sneakers to walk around and go to the cafe playing billiards ..

What is your opinion of these to escape the traditional new balance..?

pepe-jeans-pepe-jeans-buty-tinker-pro-73.jpg

PEPE-JEANS-TINKER-PRO-CAMP.jpg

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've been thinking about getting a denimjacket for a while, and I really like this one from Grand Frank. But I'm not sure if 1290 SEK (about 140 USD) is worth it for a denimjacket. However atm it's on sale. Should I?
View attachment 1106047

https://www.grandfrank.com/sek/catalog/product/view/id/3104/s/blue-denim-jacket/category/132/
If that's the exact colour you want, and if you like how it fits, then it's worth it. You would pay less at the Gap, and I'm very happy with my Gap denim jacket.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Camoshita suit separates— the drawstring trouser kind of forces you to wear a knit instead of a proper shirt, which I’m not opposed to, Just wondering how versatile you think this would be and what colors would you wear with this kind of grey/brown? Cream, burgundy, tan, black jump to mind.
View attachment 1105711
View attachment 1105712

Cream or black. Not very versatile, but once you have enough clothes, versatility is overrated imo

I need a casual sneakers to walk around and go to the cafe playing billiards ..

What is your opinion of these to escape the traditional new balance..?

Those seem fine in the way that all the stuff you've posted is fine. I don't think there's anything particularly egregious about the clothes, but they're also not very exciting. They just sort of safe, European middle class looks. Which, again, is perfectly fine.

I think you could benefit from trying out other things though. Maybe start by paying more attention to certain Instagram accounts, lookbooks, cultural things like movies, music, etc. And then figure out what are some other ways to develop your look. As is, puffer jackets, blue jeans, Pepe Jeans sneakers are all perfectly fine, but they're also kind of boring.

So I've been thinking about getting a denimjacket for a while, and I really like this one from Grand Frank. But I'm not sure if 1290 SEK (about 140 USD) is worth it for a denimjacket. However atm it's on sale. Should I?
View attachment 1106047

https://www.grandfrank.com/sek/catalog/product/view/id/3104/s/blue-denim-jacket/category/132/

That wash is bad. Vintage Levi's or Lee if you want that kind of cut and light color.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HollyJoint

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a little hesitant because the typical nike or adidas runners seem to me very sporty, and I do not wear this kind of clothes. I'll probably use the sneakers with a jumper and a barbour over it if it's raining or cold.
I'm determined to buy the ones I posted on top, and for a good price, only 65 €, even so any suggestion is welcome.

Last edited:

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a little hesitant because the typical nike or adidas runners seem to me very sporty, and I do not wear this kind of clothes. I'll probably use the sneakers with a jumper and a barbour over it if it's raining or cold.
I'm determined to buy the ones I posted on top, and for a good price, only 65 €, even so any suggestion is welcome.

@urbanhippieswe on Instagram wears New Balance a lot with things like field jackets and workwear. He looks great but it's not everyone's cup of tea. If I were cool enough to wear sneakers I think I'd take a look at Crown Northampton. To me they seem a little more cohesive with the type of clothes you've mentioned.

CSN-6_900x.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Actually, those minimalist type of sneakers would prob work with what @HollyJoint wears. IMO better than sport- or sport-inspired sneakers. There are a ton of companies doing that style nowadays and they mostly differ on the margins in terms of quality and last shape. If he doesn't like those, it's not hard to find slightly different alternatives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads