• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

yunBW

Reaction score
I like that cardigan. But for that price maybe still too steep for me to pay for that cardigan. If you really like it. I would say go for it if you like it and I rarely like cardigan lol.

yoshimagikmagik

Reaction score
Seems nice. Personally like ts(s) cardigan more for that sort of look, but the two places I know that sold it are out of stock. Maybe there are other shops carrying it.

https://unionmadegoods.com/product/tss-heather-wool-waffle-lined-easy-cardigan-in-grey/

https://www.namu-shop.com/collections/tss/products/tss-lined-easy-cardigan

View attachment 898304
Thanks for the recommendation! Yeah, I've thought about that TS(S) cardigan, but I've never been able to get quite get around the fact that it's shorter in length than ideally I'd like it to be and it doesn't have buttons. Why no buttons man? At 4 bills, we should buttons no? I assume it's a style thing and I'm just no adventurous enough, but yeah, that's why this cardigan was appealing to me. I'm not sure of the quality. I'm hoping it's not TOO warm of a layer such that it can't be worn indoors in the winter.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like this long, slouchy cardigan better. Note it comes in other colors as well.
12143664_10191465_1000.jpg

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems nice. Personally like ts(s) cardigan more for that sort of look, but the two places I know that sold it are out of stock. Maybe there are other shops carrying it.

https://unionmadegoods.com/product/tss-heather-wool-waffle-lined-easy-cardigan-in-grey/

https://www.namu-shop.com/collections/tss/products/tss-lined-easy-cardigan

View attachment 898304

this is a completely different look from what he posted

The Stella cardigan looks great, but if you can get away with wearing that at work, you can probably get away with wearing a lot of different options

and no buttons on cardigans is liberating. there has never been a time when anyone has looked good in a cardigan buttoned up (don't @ me w vintage pics of old dudes), and if you get cold, you wear something on top of the cardigan. The Stella cardigan is more like a last layer piece than a general mid-layer like normal cardis, and can you imagine how ridiculous that thing would look buttoned up?

yoshimagikmagik

Reaction score
If your chest gets cold, just wear a second button-less cardigan backwards.
Yes, that has the added value of constricting my mobility for maximum vanity affect. I could do the same thing with my pants so as to ensure no button fly opening and start exclusively wearing diapers.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, that has the added value of constricting my mobility for maximum vanity affect. I could do the same thing with my pants so as to ensure no button fly opening and start exclusively wearing diapers.

I'm the only person around here who thinks outerwear and cardigans should be buttoned. I fight, I fight, I fight, but they all say "no no, these things always look better open, it's more degage, it's more casual, it's more natural. You should suffer for fashion. Aesthetics over everything." I say "I don't know guys, I don't know," but I am a minority on this issue. All 1 million members here have ruled on this, so if you want to button this stuff, you stand only with me and @bry2000.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads