• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Landau

Reaction score
I've been really digging Wooyoungmi, but between those sneakers, I like the Butteros more.
Im on the edge. The design is gorgeous, but the leather quality leaves something to be desired; it seems to be regular cow leather (as opposed to calf) and the silhouette is sort of athletic sneaker-esque as opposed to low-top. The buttero's are fine, but I prefer to have clothing I really want to wear everyday rather than just another thing in my closet.

Ideally my sneaker would be the paint splatter aka colorful-bird-**** GATs in a plain off-white colorway. I wonder if I could strip the paint off of a pair on sale...

Have you been feeling any particular sneaker shape recently besides CP's/SLP01's/Buttero's?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Im on the edge.  The design is gorgeous, but the leather quality leaves something to be desired; it seems to be regular cow leather (as opposed to calf) and the silhouette is sort of athletic sneaker-esque as opposed to low-top. The buttero's are fine, but I prefer to have clothing I really want to wear everyday rather than just another thing in my closet.

Ideally my sneaker would be the paint splatter aka colorful-bird-**** GATs in a plain off-white colorway.  I wonder if I could strip the paint off of a pair on sale...

Have you been feeling any particular sneaker shape recently besides CP's/SLP01's/Buttero's? 

I don't really have any interesting sneaker suggestions, but I've been wearing my CP b-ball high tops a lot. The ones in all white with a gum sole and grey suede tongue.

I've got also gotten a lot of use out of my Vans x EG mix-match white slip-ons, although less so now that it's winter.

Probably just depends on what you plan to wear the shoes with.

The shape of the Wooyoungmis looks too much like nurse shoes to me. But if you wear the kind of clothes they design, they'd probably go better with that "drapey lux minimalism" than Butteros.

Last edited:

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geller x CP

OR

Story Et fall Black Side Zips

I already have Tobacco Suede CP Chelseas, looking to add something in rotation. The former is 2x the price roughly.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
there's something off about the epaulet gat to me. I dunno what it is. Leather looks too shiny stiff or something. or maybe the toebox is too big. it's close, but just looks weird to me. I'd go with either the Margiela or the really basic B&W version. or even an all white Samba. but besides a pair of crazy Raf higtops, I usually prefer low-baller sneakers so don't listen to me.

wanksy

Reaction score
Size down if you're really trying to make it work. The shoulders are sloping more than they're designed to slope and the length looks to be a bit long. Ideally the horizontal torso line should reflect a slim cut, the line flaring out until a point slightly below the waist, then receding back to about the torso line.

I think the coat works best on people with a tall, athletic build with somewhat broad shoulders to compensate for the limpness. Additionally, without the broad shoulders, the flaring at the waist is definitely accentuated.

My only qualm about this coat is that, like you said, it won't keep you warm. I don't think this coat works with temperatures under 30 F (with windchill factored in), additional layers needed.
i went to the store today and tried the 44 (XS) on grey, the one before was a 46. also tried the garrett and they're very thick, too thick perhaps. but not into chesterfield. anyway, does this fit better? dont mind if i have to layer during the colder months but most of the time, it isn't that cold here where i live.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's OK, but I think the coat would look better if it had a more interesting fabric, like some kind of chunky herringbone.

Also, single breasted topcoats look better worn open, IMO.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads